Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty XtremeGamer and Creative Labs GigaWorks S750 Speakers

Thanks

Re: Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty XtremeGamer and Creative Labs GigaWorks S750 Speakers

Thanks for the response threepe.

You mention which soundcard you are using, but what speakers do you have?

If I use software enhancement then I cannot turn the volume up so high without this choppiness. The choppiness still occurs when I turn up the volume without software enhancement, only it occurs at a slightly higher volume.

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty XtremeGamer and Creative Labs GigaWorks S750 Speakers

I use an AV setup, I left the world of computer audio about 5 years ago when I could not get the quality I wanted. There were two competing products at the time. Creative had I think what was called the Megaworks. They were really good, but turned themselves off every now and then losing all their settings which drove me nuts. The other ones were Logitech ones, but they had a constant hiss when nothing was being played through them.

I do wonder if you are experiencing some sort of clipping. The fact that it only happens at higher volumes does tend to point to something overloading. If the chopiness is there at lower levels, and slowly gets worse then its normally in the signal that is being outputted to the amp.

I'm trying to think the logic through here. Start at a point of no chopiness at all at a certain volume level. Then, turn the dial on the speaker's amp only. If that induces chopiness it has nothing to do with your drivers. The only alteration you are making in the above situation is with your amp, the software side stays constant.

If the above causes chopiness then you are either overloading the output signal from the pc somehow, have a defective amp, or are just expecting the volume to be too high for the kit you have. Not being there in the same room makes it hard to help. Doing the above should let you know if drivers are the cause though.

Thanks

Somehow the speakers have been fine in terms of this particular problem for some time now, maybe a driver update or something.

However, I now have several different problems! I've got a working TV Tuner, which works with Windows Media Center on my Windows Vista Home Premium PC. When I watch TV using Windows Media Center, I get sound coming out of all 7.1 channels. When I watch a DVD using Windows Media Center I get sound coming out of 3.1 channels and if lucky out of 5.1 channels. What is it that is causing this? I have my X-fi set to provide surround sound.

The ironic thing is, that when I use Windows Media Player I get all channels of sound for music (when listening to mp3s) and usually when I try to watch DVDs too. However, when I try to use Windows Media Player to watch anything I have this strange problem occur. Demonstrated in this video: http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=...Y0wgqZpw%3D%3D

Images demonstrate this too:

Last edited by oimi; 27-01-2009 at 04:01 PM.

Thanks
    • Infinite's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI GD80
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 750
      • Memory:
      • Kingston 16GB
      • Storage:
      • 120GB OCZ Agility 3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 460 SLI
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 650W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ09B-W
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Pro - 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2309W
      • Internet:
      • Infinity

Does this happen when u play games? If so then you need a new graphics card. If not, then yo tuner is broke.

Thanks

Hello, thank you for your response.

This does not happen when playing games, only when watching DVDs using Windows Media Player! But when I watch DVDs using Windows Media Center the picture is fine, it's just then the sound!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information