• Corsair HX520W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone SG-01e
      • Monitor(s):
      • Fujitsu D22W-1
      • Internet:
      • BT Home

Battlefield Complete Collection Install Help

Now first things first, this is a full retail copy of the software and is perfectly legit, it has all the relevant serials etc on the back of the booklet.

Now I already have BF2, but thought as I'd lost the disk I might as well go for the complete collection. Now I like to have my harddrives and PC relatively organised, so I have separate partitions for Boot, Music, Games etc.

Anyway with BCC disk when I explore it - I cannot see any of the install files, all there is is a folder "Autorun" with an image inside - so obviously all the other files are hidden (and yes I have "show hidden files and folders" activated!). The disk is some 4.53Gb large, and I've tried it in all of my DVD drives and teh same happens.

Problem is when I want to install the whole game (or just the individual components - special forces etc) it defaults to Crive and I have no other way of changing the install destination. I was trying to access the files on the drive to see if I could change where it would install to, but as above I can't see any of the files.

Do any of you guys know what I might need to get the software installed to my preferred directory, other than having to find the installation files from other places and use my genuine keys?

I appreciate any bit of help

[The directory I want it installed to is G:\Program Files]
    Mac fancier > white macbook base spec .................. CS: muddyfirebang

Thanks

Re: Battlefield Complete Collection Install Help

If I remember right you can change the directory into which you install it through the set up program.
    Have you got the basic BF installed first of all, if so that might explain why you can't install elsewhere... If so uninstall it and start again!
    Woohoo now Assistant Manager!

Senior Trouble Maker muddyfox470's Avatar
    Thanks
    • muddyfox470's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit I-N73HD
      • CPU:
      • E4500
      • Memory:
      • 4Gb PC6400 Corsair ?
      • Storage:
      • 2 x Seagate 7200.12 500Gb and 1 x Hitachi 7k1000.b 750gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Powercolor 4850
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone SG-01e
      • Monitor(s):
      • Fujitsu D22W-1
      • Internet:
      • BT Home

Quote Originally Posted by Workaholic View Post
    If I remember right you can change the directory into which you install it through the set up program.
    Have you got the basic BF installed first of all, if so that might explain why you can't install elsewhere... If so uninstall it and start again!
    Thats the thing it's a different installation, as the game originated from another region (India) but is still valid for worldwide game play, just that I can't install it. The basic BF2 is installed in G: directory where I want this to install, but as there isn't an option, - i.e. nothing grayed out or any drop down boxes I don't want to risk installing it on my c drive. When I go to install it asks:

"Automatic or Custom installation" choosing custom, you can only change the components you want installed, and at the bottom it just say xxgb on c drive (remaining etc).

At least it means I can play on BF2 for the time being tho it would be good to mess around with the expansion packs as well

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by muddyfox470 View Post
    Thats the thing it's a different installation, as the game originated from another region (India) but is still valid for worldwide game play, just that I can't install it. The basic BF2 is installed in G: directory where I want this to install, but as there isn't an option, - i.e. nothing grayed out or any drop down boxes I don't want to risk installing it on my c drive. When I go to install it asks:

"Automatic or Custom installation" choosing custom, you can only change the components you want installed, and at the bottom it just say xxgb on c drive (remaining etc).

At least it means I can play on BF2 for the time being tho it would be good to mess around with the expansion packs as well
    Hi sorry about the late reply, just had to dig out my copy for a reinstall.

Anyway when you choose to use the custom install, you select the components you want i.e. exp packs and then about 2 screens after, you can select the install path.
    It's one of thse that defaults to C:\Program Files\EA Games\___ simply hit browse and then change the dir path.
    Woohoo now Assistant Manager!

Senior Trouble Maker muddyfox470's Avatar
    Thanks
    • muddyfox470's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit I-N73HD
      • CPU:
      • E4500
      • Memory:
      • 4Gb PC6400 Corsair ?
      • Storage:
      • 2 x Seagate 7200.12 500Gb and 1 x Hitachi 7k1000.b 750gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Powercolor 4850
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone SG-01e
      • Monitor(s):
      • Fujitsu D22W-1
      • Internet:
      • BT Home

Quote Originally Posted by Workaholic View Post
    Hi sorry about the late reply, just had to dig out my copy for a reinstall.

Anyway when you choose to use the custom install, you select the components you want i.e. exp packs and then about 2 screens after, you can select the install path.
    It's one of thse that defaults to C:\Program Files\EA Games\___ simply hit browse and then change the dir path.
    Thing is thats exactly what I can't do, see my original post. Frustrating and annoying, at least I can still use it as the boot disk to play BF2 I think it is just because it is a non-UK copy [this disk] I think this special complete collection was only sold in India - well that is where mine was sent from - legit but weird :s

Thanks for the bump, so if someone does know how it can be done...

Quote Originally Posted by original post
    Problem is when I want to install the whole game (or just the individual components - special forces etc) it defaults to Crive and I have no other way of changing the install destination. I was trying to access the files on the drive to see if I could change where it would install to, but as above I can't see any of the files.

Thanks
    • mayhem's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Delux thing a ma bob
      • CPU:
      • Intel Q6600 Over clocked Go Steppings
      • Memory:
      • 8 Gig OCZ Reaper (4 x 2 Gb Sticks)
      • Storage:
      • 8Tb Samsung F1's
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Ge force 8800 GTX
      • Case:
      • Erm .. nope
      • Operating System:
      • Windowes Vista 64 bit / Windows XP / Linux
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 48"
      • Internet:
      • lol its Virgin can you call it that

Quote Originally Posted by muddyfox470 View Post
    Thing is thats exactly what I can't do, see my original post. Frustrating and annoying, at least I can still use it as the boot disk to play BF2 I think it is just because it is a non-UK copy [this disk] I think this special complete collection was only sold in India - well that is where mine was sent from - legit but weird :s

Thanks for the bump, so if someone does know how it can be done...
    I Had the same problems before. I just removed the registry keys from the reg and backed up my saves then installed the game. Then once the install was complete i stuck back in my reg keys and moved every thing back to play.

The biggest problem is that the game will still not work correctly as the default install will go back to your original game and you'll need to change keys and move the new games across to you old path ... its not a easy task to be real honest.

Thread Information