Thread: Web video stopping then starting again

Thanks

Web video stopping then starting again

I had some issues earlier with Hexus being very slow (same on two other machines)

But in the mean time I decided to try IE again..........possible mistake. I went the to the bbc news site and clicked on a video to watch. However, it said I needed to download the latest flash add-on, and I went along with that until the flash dl manager showed some free Mcafree thing was also dl. I cancelled the dl by clicking the X on the dl box, and then saw that part of the Mcafree files had dl, I then un-installed it. Now for some reason using firefox then I click to start a video it starts, and then stop and starts again and continues without issue. iplayer is unaffected by this.

Could this issue have been cause by the IE flash mishap?

Also system restore is not working- says there was some error.

Appreciate any help.
    Last edited by AledJ; 21-10-2010 at 11:30 AM.

Thanks

Re: Web video stopping then starting again

It does sounds like the flash player is the problem. You could try uninstalling flash and reinstalling it. Try googling "uninstall flash player" and follow the first link which is to adobe's website. Sorry I can't post the link directly, new member and not allow to post urls just yet.

Thanks

I can I not simply remove the flash player via add/remove programs?

The IGN videos are all working fine as well as bbc iplayer. The home pc does the same stop and start but only on some videos not all. Its a very odd issue as when the download started in IE I stopped it almost straight away, and plus the download was a flash plugin for IE. How could that affect a firefox plugin?? and also how is bbc iplayer, youtube, IGN videos not affected?

Think I said this before; when the bbc news video plays it will start then stop after one second, but then start playing again until the end of the video. If it happens with some videos on another pc, could it just be the bbc web site?
    Last edited by AledJ; 21-10-2010 at 11:31 AM.

Thanks

Is this only happening to me? It happens on two devices so would expect other to have come across it.

Thread Information