Thread: ASUS DSL-N13 wireless trouble

Thanks

ASUS DSL-N13 wireless trouble

As per title....the wireless is randomly dropping out, i wont loose connection to the router but instead internet connectivity, if looking on the front of the router it shows that internet connectivity is there, so abit random! now i have an openreach box on the wall, i connect 3 different computers via wireless and they all will expereince the problem at the same time, something that fails in the tests on my router is,

Test ATM OAM F5 segment ping: FAIL

Not sure what that would mean! but thought i should post it,

So do i need a new wireless router or is this something to do with my ISP? i did contact BE and they said they have no dropouts logged...which make things oh so difficult for me help!
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKTAK View Post
    It was so small that mine wouldn't fit into it

Splash

Re: ASUS DSL-N13 wireless trouble

Do you get the ping fail when connectivity is working? If I'm interpreting the wording correctly then all that test is doing is trying to ping the DSLAM, which could well be configured to drop ping traffic.

Let me get this straight: all 3 machines are connected wirelessly, and they all dropout at the same time? If so... can you try connecting one machine with a cable, see if that loses connectivity at the same time? If not then you know the problem is with the wireless aspect of your router. If it does then potentially the modem in the box is at fault, maybe not. If you're with Be you should have the BeBox - do you get the same problem with that?

Thanks

Thanks for your quick reponse splash! I've yet to try the BE box, the problem is the wireless will play up randomly, and at the most for a few mins, so connecting through wired is going to be a pain as id have to sit at the bottom fo the stairs waiting lol

I've not been able to ping the box, im unsure how TBH its been such a long time since i did it!

Splash

When I say mentioned "ping" I meant the "TEST ATM OAM" ping test - if you run that when everything is fine does it succeed or fail? I suspect it may be a red herring is all (and as such will always fail)

Another thing to try possibly is to ping the router and the gateway with Be when the dropouts occur? If you can ping your router but not the Be gateway then it looks like your internet connectivity is the problem, if you can't even ping the router then it's a local wireless issue.

5. Received thanks from:

razer121 (10-05-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Splash View Post
    When I say mentioned "ping" I meant the "TEST ATM OAM" ping test - if you run that when everything is fine does it succeed or fail? I suspect it may be a red herring is all (and as such will always fail)

Another thing to try possibly is to ping the router and the gateway with Be when the dropouts occur? If you can ping your router but not the Be gateway then it looks like your internet connectivity is the problem, if you can't even ping the router then it's a local wireless issue.
    Got it, man i best get back to work im going to get killed otherwise, i will do the tests when i get home! thanks chap

Thread Information