Thread: DAM Virus...

Thanks

DAM F**King Virus...

I use alot of P2P programs..In the oast week I have recived 13 viruses!!! I got rid of all but one!

Ok well I downloaded the fix tool... And the file still remains! It wont alow me to deleat it! So my question is how do I delet a file that refuses to be deleted? And I dont want to format!! Or play in dos!

Thanks
    Go into windows safe mode and delete from there. I assume its giving you " this file is running so can not be deleted" crud. And stop using those P2P programs.

Title Contender
    Thanks
    its the undeleteable pr0n virus

Thanks
    ****ING ****... ERRR... I got rid of one! but now I have 3 more! they wont delet! When you right click them they apeare to be MS Dos programs! they are 167 megs.. When I copy one and post it to my desk top I still cant delet either! then I copied it again and placed it on my desktop sp that windows would rename it.... GREAT NOW I HAVE 2 ON MY DESKTOP!!!! Is there a program that can tell me what there linked to OR even alow me to delet them from the directory?

Also I tryed to disable "New.net" Its some sort of hijack crap! But it wont go! I used Hilack this... But It still wont go away!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash
    its the undeleteable pr0n virus

LOL... Thats what that 200 gig hard drive in my sig is for! Its already full!!! Over 75,000 Images!

Large Member
    Thanks
    myth, get an anti-virus thats regularly updated and a firewall, I use F-Prot antivirus and sygate personal firewall, and they use very little resources. Have them both open in their real-time modes when connected to the net. Don't open any suspect email attachements, or use suspect disks, and download all critical updates. This way you should not get any virus. As for your problem, in safe mode, use your virus scanner to remove these files or disinfect them. Open msconfig and remove anything that shouldnt be there. Even stuff that sounds like its needed might be viruses (e.g. msconfg.exe, winrn32.exe). Disable everything other than your antivirus/firewall if your not sure. Run your scanner again. Open hijackthis and remove everything thats not supposed to be there. If anything mysterious remain in root, \windows or windows\system32 then remove it manually. Show us a list of items in hijackthis and msconfig if you're not sure.
    To err is human. To really foul things up ... you need a computer.

Thanks
    Don't know if this will help, but I recently had a virus that refused to go away (I run AVG free edition) because it was in a 'system restore' file. To get rid of it I turned system restore off in Windows (this gets rid of the restore files) then turned it back on again. Virus was gone.
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Socket 775 (3.0GHz), stock cooler, Gigabyte GA-EP43-S3L iP43 Socket 775, OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 1066MHz/PC2-8500 Gold Memory, PowerColor HD 4870 1GB GDDR5 Dual DVI HDTV Out PCI-E Graphics Card, Seagate 1TB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 32MB Cache, Arctic Power 500W PSU, Hann-G 19" widescreen
    Kitchen Table Browser: Dell XPS M1330 laptop
    On the Road: Alienware M14X laptop

Large Member
    Thanks
    Cheers ceefer. I knew I forgot somthing. That's fairly important if you think the files in the '_restore' directory are infected.

Thanks
    I always turn of system restore - its the main place i find viruses in any xp system ive ever supported.

and get some real time av going - doint let the stuff get to you in the first instance.

i bet your using kazaa arent you

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMunky
    I always turn of system restore - its the main place i find viruses in any xp system ive ever supported.

and get some real time av going - doint let the stuff get to you in the first instance.

i bet your using kazaa arent you
    Warze P2P..

Thanks
    Ok, restart in safemode and run cmd.exe you should be able to delete those files from the promt.
    If not, then start with safe mode command promt only, should definitely delete.

Then get adaware, download the updates for it. Run that in safemode, make sure you set it to scan inside compressed files and every option possible.

As said earlier System restore should be turned off, its just a nuisance.

the name of the virus which the virus checker said you had would be helpful. Also post a hijack this log here, or atleast give us a list of running processes.

yamangman, it doesn't matter whether or not you download all critical updates, have a firewall, uptodate virus checker, bla bla, you can still get viruses. I got one a week or so ago and I do all that.
    P2P usually isn't even the cause if you use the right one (Direct Connect is the best) I got my virus from my brother downloading some setup for something from a website, I think it was spyware more than anything. It was the one which sticks a kernel32.exe on your computer, always gets confusing trying to remember if its supposed to be a .dll or .exe

One thing which I do recommend though is scheduling regular virus scans, and not canceling them because they happen to run where you are using the computer !!
    I scan my whole computer at the beginning of every month, my C drive once a week, and my download hard drive every day.
    That way if you do contract a virus which gets past the realtime scanner then hopefully you will still catch it before it does any damage.
    Last edited by Lexeus; 07-08-2004 at 03:15 AM.
    Desktop: AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton, 1024Mb PC-3200 TwinMOS w/Winbond, MSI K7N2 Delta-ILSR, Radeon 9800SE AIW, 40 GB 7,200 Rpm Hitachi Deskstar, 120GB 7,200 Rpm 8mb Cache Maxtor Diamond 9, 160GB 7200 Rpm 8mb Cache Seagate 7200.7 SATA, Plextor 708A 8x DVD-RW, 550W PFC Q-tec PSU, Casetek 1019SM Silver Case, Camdridge Soundworks DTT2200 Speakers

Laptop: Clevo D470W - 17" Widescreen TFT, Intel Pentium4 3.06Ghz 533FSB, 1024Mb PC-2700 Hynix, Radeon Mobility 9000 64Mb, Fujitsu 80Gb 4,200rpm, 250Gb 7,2000rpm 8mb Cache Maxtor OneTouch, Toshiba SD-R6372 DVD-RW +/- x4, Built-in Four speakers, webcam and microphone

Large Member
    Thanks
    I meant you shouldn't get a virus unless your careful, like not accepting every license agreement you come across. I've never had a virus for years.

Thread Information