Thread: Akasa AK-ICR-17 usb3 internal card reader problems

Thanks

Akasa AK-ICR-17 usb3 internal card reader problems

I have this installed on a GA Z77X-D3H motherboard (all up to date drivers, bios etc). Everything is plugged in correctly, but the card reader only works intermittently.

Anyone else seen this ? or have any idea how to resolve it ?

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Thanks

Re: Akasa AK-ICR-17 usb3 internal card reader problems

Further details;
    More recently to see if the Asaka panel is faulty, I bought another USB3 card reader front panel which has displayed the same issue, but has allowed me to tie down the problem more accurately.

When first installed the card readers (same behaviour with both) are seen and after Windows installs the necessary drivers, they work correctly. However when re-booted they are no longer available on the system.
    On investigation; the second card reader has an LED power light. When first installed this lights up and remains lit.
    When the system is first rebooted the power light remains on until the 'starting Windows' splash screen, then goes off and when at the desktop, the reader isn't seen.
    On subsequent re-boots the light no longer comes on at all, even when booting into bios.
    There are no indications in device manager that there are any hardware problems.

If the reader header cable is removed, the system re-booted, closed down then the header re-connected the same installation loop of being seen, then being lost on re-start happens again.

I'm unclear if this is a motherboard or OS issue, or a combination of both.
    I wonder if you've come across this issue before and have any idea of how it can be resolved ?

Thanks in advance.

Gigabyte GA Z77X-D3H (rev 1.0) latest bios F15
    Intel i7 3770k processor (not overclocked)
    32gb Ram (Corsair XMS3)
    Windows 7 64bit (fully patched and updated)

Thread Information