Thread: I7 3520M Lenovo Z580 , only getting ( 1 MB ) file transfer rates , please help ?!!

Kai
    Banned
    Thanks

I7 3520M Lenovo Z580 , only getting ( 1 MB ) file transfer rates , please help ?!!

I've just been testing my new Z580 I7 ( 3520m ) 8gb 1tb Lenovo but am shocked to see the transfer rate is so slow ( 1mb literally )that Its practically useless , not only that but I having the same problem installing anything as well .

I did get this off Amazon warehouse and the laptop itself looks new , but those rates are ridiculous I mean even my netbook is 100 times faster .

Does any have any idea whats going on ??

Minister of Silly Walks
    Thanks
    • stilkun's system
      • Motherboard:
      • GigaByte GA-B75-D3V (rev 1.1)
      • CPU:
      • Intel® Core™ i5-3470 Processor
      • Memory:
      • Patriot Black Viper 24GB 1600 Mhz
      • Storage:
      • Crucial M500 240GB, Samsung 32 GB mSATA, MAXTOR SATAI 250 GB, WD Blue SATA III 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire HD 7850 OC edition 2 GB
      • PSU:
      • XFX 450w Core
      • Case:
      • AvP Triton Mid Tower PC Case
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 (64 Bit)
      • Internet:
      • 8 Mbps (1 MBps) Tiscali

Re: I7 3520M Lenovo Z580 , only getting ( 1 MB ) file transfer rates , please help ?!

Is this a clean install of Windows 8 or running factory OS? Have you check the transferring file speed to the external hard drive or flash drive?

Edit:
    Run resource monitor to check if there any application or process taking the most read or write on the hard disk.
    Last edited by stilkun; 05-08-2013 at 02:04 PM.

Kai
    Banned
    Thanks

Re: I7 3520M Lenovo Z580 , only getting ( 1 MB ) file transfer rates , please help ?!

Quote Originally Posted by stilkun View Post
    Is this a clean install of Windows 8 or running factory OS? Have you check the transferring file speed to the external hard drive or flash drive?

Edit:
    Run resource monitor to check if there any application or process taking the most read or write on the hard disk.
    Its factory ( with crappy software )

Yes i checked both speeds to flash / ext - both are faster on my old lower spec pc - until i tried it with this ( that 1 mb was from ext )

I think I discovered what it is , or at least causing most of it .. it's the GPU setting in the BIOS .. apparently Optimus setting causes a lot of problems , so I set it to UMA because I don't have Discrete mentioned here.

How do you know which version has what though ?

No mention in the specs , it can't be pot luck surely ??

Minister of Silly Walks
    Thanks
    • stilkun's system
      • Motherboard:
      • GigaByte GA-B75-D3V (rev 1.1)
      • CPU:
      • Intel® Core™ i5-3470 Processor
      • Memory:
      • Patriot Black Viper 24GB 1600 Mhz
      • Storage:
      • Crucial M500 240GB, Samsung 32 GB mSATA, MAXTOR SATAI 250 GB, WD Blue SATA III 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire HD 7850 OC edition 2 GB
      • PSU:
      • XFX 450w Core
      • Case:
      • AvP Triton Mid Tower PC Case
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 (64 Bit)
      • Internet:
      • 8 Mbps (1 MBps) Tiscali

Optional High Definition NVIDIA Graphics* and HDMI

Enjoy the best entertainment and gaming with the optional NVIDIA graphics card. This powerful graphics adapter will allow you to experience the very best of DirectX 11 gaming, as well as getting the most out of the large 15.6" HD widescreen display, giving you HD video playback without stuttering.

You can also enjoy your multimedia on the big screen by using the built-in HDMI port to hook your laptop up to a HDTV, monitor or projector - ideal for sharing your favourite videos and movies with friends.

*Available on selected models only
    Levono site doesn't mention which models of Z580 have it. Amazon product description can state whether it is integrated or dedicated graphics card when you select a laptop with different specs.

5. Received thanks from:

Kai (05-08-2013)

Thread Information