Thread: Saving a webpage, advice for the slightly dim please

Thanks

Saving a webpage, advice for the slightly dim please

Hi is it possible to save a facebook page such that I have a more or less functioning copy if that account changes/closes?

Having tried it with my fairly limited knowledge.. view source, copy, put in Notepad, save as .html... I originally got a message that the page contains unicode which will be lost unless I save it as such. In fact though, whatever save option I select results in a page that looks fine but is visibly shorter than the original (going by scroll bar) & indeed when you reach a certain point just reaches a never-ending loading thing.

Is this because it actually ain't possible.. or anything I can do? Ta much.

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Saving a webpage, advice for the slightly dim please

Unfortunately I don't think there is a way to do so....especially with facebook pages and the way you want it. eg. more a less a functional copy if the account changes/closes

Why do you want to do so anyway? haha

Thanks

There are addons for firefox/chrome etc that allow you to save "webpage complete". Maybe something like that might do you.

Actually in Firefox you can actually save the complete webpage by just clicking on the the 3 little lines, top right, then click save page. Then choose webpage complete.
    Jon

Thanks

So you can.. & I've tried that (admittedly only now that you've suggested it, I've done so plenty of times before but for asstd reasons didn't think of it in this case )

However.. what that gets me, is the same truncated page only slightly less functional again - in that the right-hand side doesn't scroll now, the whole page just works as one scrollable page if you follow me. Apart from that, I get 'see more stories' instead of the loading bars, but once you click you get them anyway & no further loading.
    Last edited by sammyc; 12-07-2015 at 11:48 AM.

Thread Information