Thread: Can't open iCloud MailDrop pdf

Thanks

Can't open iCloud MailDrop pdf

Have an email attachment pdf that does nothing when I click, from all that I've looked up there seems no obvious reason - "The recipient of the email message can be running anything at all, whether OS X, iOS, Android, or Windows" - anyone know the ins & outs of MailDrop that can advise? Thanks
    Aliorum vitia turbaverunt me

The late but legendary peterb - Onward and Upward peterb's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Can't open iCloud MailDrop pdf

PDF is a common standard and 'just' a file. However the file could be corrupt, or it may not be a PDF file at all. Did it come from a trusted source? It's not unknown foe files to be named xyz.pdf..................................................exe

With white space in place of the full stop, so what appears to be a PDF is actually an executable.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Been helped or just 'Like' a post? Use the Thanks button!
    My broadband speed - 750 Meganibbles/minute

Thanks

Re: Can't open iCloud MailDrop pdf

Thanks.. it's a trusted source but I haven't been able to get hold of the sender, so far. the page address runs h[space to avoid hyperlinking]ttps://www.icloud.com/attachment/ [string of numbers etc] icloud-content.com [more numbers etc] apple.largeattachment [more numbers etc] title of attachment.pdf&sz= [final 8 digit number] so nothing suss to my untutored eye.

However having looked back at the email I received it twice for some reason, once to expire today, then again, to expire on the 15th, but clicking on either brings up the expired message so I guess I just have to retry contacting the sender either way.
    Aliorum vitia turbaverunt me

Thread Information