Thread: Calling all Akasa Eclipse 62 owners - help!

Thanks

Calling all Akasa Eclipse 62 owners - help!

Dear Hexus Help forumites - I need help with my new case. I'm really pleased with it, but have one teeny problem - I can't dismantle it because there is no manual showing where all the various catches and connectors are. I have a really crappy exploded diagram showing the components, but it is useless for working out how to remove the drive cages and front fascia (i.e. the bit with the power buttons and the Akasa logo on it).
    I also cannot figure out how to remove the left (as you are looking at the case front-on) side panel in order to fit the windowed panel I bought. I've got the motherboard tray, top and right side panel off/out, but I cannot figure out how to take the rest of it to bits. The all-black finish doesn't help there, as without a Death-Star-power light source, I can't see any real fine detail internally.
    Please, can anyone either; a) write a neat, guide-for-morons level description of how to get these bits off, or b) sent me a set of photos/copy of the case manual so I can get to work on installing all my components without breaking my wrists or straining my eyes? Thanks a bunch for any help provided.

RDL
    Thanks
    Right.

The front facia comes off by sliding off the clips, which are located on the left hand side of the cases front. You push then down, and then just pull. It's easiest to first pull the left side off, then the right.

The drive cages come out by unscrewing the two screws which are found near the bottom of the HDD cage and then simply pulling out the screw connecting it to the above floppy cage, and it just slides out.

The floppy cage simply unclips. The left side removes just as the right does. Have you taken off all of the screws at the back?

Hope that helps. Any more questions, gimme a shout, I can take photos if you need.
    AMD 64 3500+ | Asus A32 SLi Deluxe | 2 x Corsair 512MB PC4400 Overclockers RAM| 1 x XFX 6800GT | Nexus Vantec Fan Controller | 1 x 74GB Western Digital Raptor )Boot + backup & 2x 200gb Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 (RAID 0) | Plextor 716A Black 16 x16±,x4+ Dual Layer DVD | Tagan 480W | ThermalRight XP-120 with Delta Screamer | 2x120mm YS TECH| Black Akasa Eclipse 62 | L1980U 19" TFT 12ms 500:1 DVI Ultra Slim Black & Silver | Phillips 5.1 Surround Sound| Razer Diamondback Mouse | ExactMat mousemat | Black Cherry Keyboard | WinXP Pro

Thanks
    Dear RDL, thanks a lot for your reply - I was going to send a message asking for clarification, but just before I did I finally managed to get the fascia off (with a little help), and the rest was self-explanatory. Thanks anyway for the offer of help, but I should be OK now, as I'm going to leave it dismantled until everything is installed.

RDL
    Thanks
    Good choice, I always think it's best to leave the front panel off until you're certain you won't need it on again - I'm a bit skeptical of the noise it makes when you take it off.
    AMD 64 3500+ | Asus A32 SLi Deluxe | 2 x Corsair 512MB PC4400 Overclockers RAM| 1 x XFX 6800GT | Nexus Vantec Fan Controller | 1 x 74GB Western Digital Raptor )Boot + backup & 2x 200gb Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 (RAID 0) | Plextor 716A Black 16 x16±,x4+ Dual Layer DVD | Tagan 480W | ThermalRight XP-120 with Delta Screamer | 2x120mm YS TECH| Black Akasa Eclipse 62 | L1980U 19" TFT 12ms 500:1 DVI Ultra Slim Black & Silver | Phillips 5.1 Surround Sound| Razer Diamondback Mouse | ExactMat mousemat | Black Cherry Keyboard | WinXP Pro

Thread Information