Thread: Anybody here a whiz with MCE 2005?

Thanks

Unhappy Anybody here a whiz with MCE 2005?

For some reason, my media centre has recently lost its ability to recieve Freeview signals, but in the weirdest way.

First, it was refusing to record any TV shows, saying that the channel specified for the scheduled show (BBC Three - Channel 7) didn't exist.
    I went into the Live TV screen, and I could view the current show on BBC Three without any problems. I tried to just do an impromptue recording on the channel, but that failed as well with the same error message.

So, I decided to go and set up the TV signal again, to see if I could just re-scan the services and sort it out. The scanning progress went from 0% to 100% instantly, and said that no services were found....yet I could still watch Live TV without any probs.

THEN, I deleted all my services, thinking I would start a-fresh. I went to re-scan them, and it STILL says that no services can be found, and now I can't even watch the live TV.

Now, the only thing I can think of that I changed recently was that I installed Cyberlink PowerCinema onto the machine recently. When I realised it wasn't what I needed (I actually needed PowerDVD - money down the drain ) I removed it.
    Reckon there's a chance it might have changed/removed some media centre shared components as well?

Any help is really appreciated, cheers!
    Last edited by da.Guvna; 06-01-2007 at 12:31 AM.

Thanks
    Hi,

I use MCE2005 and have had similar issues. The problem has always come down to the TV card driver. Try uninstalling it, re-booting, re-install and then set up the signal again in MCE2005.

Wilksj01

Thanks
    Dammit, I knew someone would say that....

I suppose I was just trying to prolong the inevitable, haha

Cheers, I'll let you know how I get on!

Thanks
    Uninstalled tuner hardware components in Device Manager, rebooted, Windows recognised the hardware and re-installed all the correct drivers automatically - everything working fine.

Cheers mate, took about 5 mins max Should have tried that before posting really...oh well!

Thread Information