Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Features - Win a Gigabyte Z77 motherboard and Intel Core i5-3570K processor

HEXUS.social member Disturbedguy's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Disturbedguy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rog Strix Z370-H Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i7 8700K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair something or other
      • Storage:
      • 1 x Samsung 960 EVO (250GB) 1 x Samsung 850 EVO (500GB)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 1080Ti
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32inch Samsung TV
      • Internet:
      • Crap

Re: Features - Win a Gigabyte Z77 motherboard and Intel Core i5-3570K processor

Again, thank you for completely missing my point and making a generalization that I do not like new members joining the community.

I wouldn't say what I said was unhelpful as the user in question didn't have a problem or asking for any assistance.
    Negative? Too right it was, negative to the fact that the member joins up and then seemingly cannot be arsed joining in with the rest of the community.

To clarify, hopefully for the last time: -

I DO NOT have a problem with new members joining the forums / community and continuing to take part in the community / forum discussions and so on as I have already stated.

What I DO have a problem with is members that sign up, such as the one in question, for the purpose of just entering the competitions that Hexus put on and not engaging with the rest of the community and if said member is hurt by a few words said on the forum and don't come back, then maybe they should get out in the real world as there are far worse things out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKTAK View Post
    It didn't fall off, it merely became insufficient at it's purpose and got a bit droopy...

The late but legendary peterb - Onward and Upward peterb's Avatar
    Thanks

It is you that is missing the point. You posted a negative comment based on one or two posts - which may deter that and other potential members from joining up. Not good for HEXUS.

And if new members join as a result of the competition, but then decide that they don't want to participate in the forums, that is not YOUR problem! It might be a HEXUS problem, but those members might be visiting other areas of the site. You dismissed my scenario as preposterous, but it is exactly the same scenario - people by products/join forums enticed by competitions - which is why they are run.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Been helped or just 'Like' a post? Use the Thanks button!
    My broadband speed - 750 Meganibbles/minute

HEXUS.social member Disturbedguy's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Disturbedguy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rog Strix Z370-H Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i7 8700K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair something or other
      • Storage:
      • 1 x Samsung 960 EVO (250GB) 1 x Samsung 850 EVO (500GB)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 1080Ti
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32inch Samsung TV
      • Internet:
      • Crap

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    It is you that is missing the point. You posted a negative comment based on one or two posts - which may deter that and other potential members from joining up. Not good for HEXUS.
    No actually, I posted my comments, whether you think they are negative or not based on the 6 posts that the user made, 5 of which have been in the competition section and since the last post, the user seemingly has not returned.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    And if new members join as a result of the competition, but then decide that they don't want to participate in the forums, that is not YOUR problem! It might be a HEXUS problem, but those members might be visiting other areas of the site. You dismissed my scenario as preposterous, but it is exactly the same scenario - people by products/join forums enticed by competitions - which is why they are run.
    I would say that a vast majority, using Hexus as an example joined Hexus for other reasons and not because of the competitions, I also wouldn't say that people buy products solely because they are enticed by competitions.

So just because the problem, is a problem for HEXUS and not myself or other members, does that mean that neither myself or other members can voice our opinions or concerns over something?

Being frank, if people are only going to sign up to enter competitions I would rather they didn't bother signing up at all, if they are going to sign up and partake in other areas, then fair enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKTAK View Post
    It didn't fall off, it merely became insufficient at it's purpose and got a bit droopy...

4. Received thanks from:

Carlh (18-05-2012)

DR
    Thanks

I am closing this.

We will reflect and decide on the future of competitions - thank you for the valuable input.

6. Received thanks from:

Noxvayl (17-05-2012),peterb (17-05-2012)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread Information