Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Win one of six G.Skill 16GB memory kits

Thanks

Re: Win one of six G.Skill 16GB memory kits

Well what can I say about the competition and the Prize....

The Ram arrived on Monday by Courier. I have installed the ram in a gaming machine, the machine is a reasonable spec (i7 2700k, gtx660 vertex 4 hdd) Before installing the memory I reset the machine to a standard configuration (no overclock) and run Performance test 7. The system gave a base score of 4020 overall. After installing the ram I re-run the test and the increase in score was quite impressive at 4482. I was expecting some increase in the score but not as much as the 10% that it gave. Yesterday I played around with the configuration of the ram and tried a little overclock, the results were good. The ram sat comfortably at 1866 Mhz with the CPU at 4.8Ghz. I had a lag problem in Star Trek online, when being attacked with plasma torpedos, the system would produce a small amount of lag trying to render the graphics of the explosion. However this ram has made a difference. I still get lag rendering however it is reduced significantly. So I am very pleased with the performance and will enjoy a slightly faster computer.

Thank you to Hexus for the Competition prize. It was worth the wait.....

2. Received thanks from:

DR (06-09-2013)

Thanks

Re: Win one of six G.Skill 16GB memory kits

Congratulations Setras.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread Information