Thread: Review :: Command Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars - PC

Thanks

Review :: Command Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars - PC

We've given Command Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars a thorough playtesting:

All of which places the mighty Command and Conquer series very much in the ‘everyman’ area of RTS games. What Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars does it does very well, very well indeed but it’s hardly pushing the envelope.
    Read more over in this Command Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars PC review.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

Thanks
    The single player game is good, but the multiplayer is an absolute mess.

The EA forums is strewn with people having trouble getting online; crashes, connection errors and so forth. They'll be on their fourth patch within just over a week before long...

Not that I'm bitter, it's just when I buy a game and actually find a *little* bit of time to play it, I don't want to spend that time working out why it won't work.
    PHP Code:
    $s = new signature();
    $s->sarcasm()->intellect()->font('Courier New')->display(); 

Thanks
    I did find it odd that in the whole mock battle mentioned in the begining of the review with the waring factions of C&C and TA there was no mention of supreme commander although not a direct replacement of TA it was the bastard child , and that is not to say it is not an awseome game, but just as power hungry as TA was in it's day. In 5 years time when i have a computer powerful enough to play it i might go back and play it properly. C&C 3 should be a welcome release to the ultra intensive games of late that are a drain on systerm resources.

Thanks
    • Spud1's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus Master
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16GB GSkill Trident Z
      • Storage:
      • Lots.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RTX3090
      • PSU:
      • 750w
      • Case:
      • BeQuiet Dark Base Pro rev.2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus PG35VQ
      • Internet:
      • 910/100mb Fibre
    Hmm I'm going to have to disagree with you here (shock horror for me lol!) but I really love(d) C&C 3 as a game.

There have not been many RTS games over the past few years that have interested me; OK so I bought SupCom which is fun, but very slow and...big. It's almost a different genre entirely, and while fun, its alot of work to play properly.

C&C however is completely different, its fast, fun and doesn't require you to plan every single move to the letter - although crucially you CAN if you want to. You critisise it for not having the same depth of strategy as many recent games - but it does have this, its just not forced on you. If you want to you can just build 5 mammoth tanks or 20 aircraft and storm the enemy - and you will win 9/10 times. Or you could build some tanks, artillery and an infantry squad, and setup an ambush using the infantry as bait (great fun )..the strategy is there, you just have to choose to play it that way rather than taking the easy route.

Of course it's greatest strength is that its the most faithful new C&C game to the original yet, with its biggest problem being the interface (I miss the original Red Alert interface ;/ ) with everything feeling very 'big' (maybe thats SupComs fault), but you get used to this very quickly.

The multiplayer - well i've not had any problems with it, played multiple matches online without problems..but then its based on gamespy technology so I fully expect thousands of people to have problems with it (when will EA learn that gamespy is a terrible framework for online games?).

Oh and I should mention the graphics - despite being the same engine as generals it does look beautiful on max settings, and although I can't play it like that on this PC it still looks decent enough on medium graphics.

We don't really need groundbreaking RTS games - just good, solid implementations of current concepts, like this

Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish
    Quote Originally Posted by Spud1 View Post
    Of course it's greatest strength is that its the most faithful new C&C game to the original yet, with its biggest problem being the interface (I miss the original Red Alert interface ;/ ) with everything feeling very 'big' (maybe thats SupComs fault), but you get used to this very quickly.
    Well again it's deliberately evoking the original C&C feel. C&C2 felt incredibly tiny to me, but C&C3 really does (in the demo) feel similar to playing the first C&C game all those years ago.

Thanks
    i felt the review was way to short and didnt really cover any of the multiplayer aspects, any chance of giving games a percentage as well ? or is there a particular reason why you dont ?

Thanks
    I do believe Nick will have the former sorted soon mcmiller. He did review the multiplayer, but it's just sort of... not... there in the review
    PHP Code:
    $s = new signature();
    $s->sarcasm()->intellect()->font('Courier New')->display(); 

Thanks
    Aye, I ballsed up coding the pages....

It's a'comin!
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

Thanks
    love this game.

sorry just buffing up to 5 posts so i can post an image and get some help in another section of the forum

Thanks
    I'll allow that.... this time...

Thread Information