Thread: Headlines - Warning! Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii playing dirty

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

Headlines - Warning! Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii playing dirty

All three consoles test positive to 'Playing Dirty'.
    Read more.

Thanks

Re: Headlines - Warning! Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii playing dirty

I am a major advocate for Greenpeace. Knowing that, I'd like to say that this "research" is nothing more than grandstanding on Greenpiece' part.

Why do I say that? The chemicals used to construct consoles are used far more in other items across the world. I'm going to give game consoles a conservative estimate at 0.00009% of the problem.

How about global warming is caused by removing oil from the earth. Oil is the earth's natural coolant. When it is removed, the crust does not stay cool. In turn that raises the temperature of the ocean. Something the governments do not want us to know. Instead they let Al Gore tell the world that Global warming is cause by the sun's rays reflecting off of the white ice caps.

How about, we're cutting down all of our forests and Jungles. We're over fishing the oceans, so much so that they are left with no natural filters.

Green Peace needs to prioritize their agenda a little better. Game Consoles should be # 800 million on their To-Do List.
    Last edited by superdynamite; 21-05-2008 at 04:01 PM.

Thanks

Greenpeace have just jumped on the "consoles are evil" ban wagon.

Bloody waste of time if thier not burning diesel in thier crappy old boat in a futile attempt to stop some thing or another they're moaing about the least important pollutants around.

In the words of Cartman

I hate hippies! I mean, the way they always talk about "protectin' the earth" and then drive around in cars that get poor gas mileage and wear those stupid bracelets - I hate 'em! I wanna kick 'em in the nuts!

Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish

I think they've done fine - I'm sure pressure from similar organisations played some role in the RoHS legislation which I think is a good thing. Nothing wrong with continuing to campaign to try and make things better.

As for why target consoles? That's rather simple - it's an objective that's obtainable. Sure, the world might be a better place if we stopped extracting oil tomorrow, but that's not a realistic aim. As they've proven with RoHS, reducing undesirable substances in luxury entertainment devices is achievable.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by superdynamite View Post
    I am a major advocate for Greenpeace. Knowing that, I'd like to say that this "research" is nothing more than grandstanding on Greenpiece' part.

Why do I say that? The chemicals used to construct consoles are used far more in other items across the world. I'm going to give game consoles a conservative estimate at 0.00009% of the problem.

How about global warming is caused by removing oil from the earth. Oil is the earth's natural coolant. When it is removed, the crust does not stay cool. In turn that raises the temperature of the ocean. Something the governments do not want us to know. Instead they let Al Gore tell the world that Global warming is cause by the sun's rays reflecting off of the white ice caps.

How about, we're cutting down all of our forests and Jungles. We're over fishing the oceans, so much so that they are left with no natural filters.

Green Peace needs to prioritize their agenda a little better. Game Consoles should be # 800 million on their To-Do List.
    Interesting. Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii are hot-topics at the moment. Would you not say that investigating these consoles is good for their profile, which in turn is good for raising awareness on other issues on their agenda? If that was their goal, they've just done a good job. I was rooting around hteir website, something I would never have done if this issue hadn't come up.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kalniel View Post
    I think they've done fine - I'm sure pressure from similar organisations played some role in the RoHS legislation which I think is a good thing. Nothing wrong with continuing to campaign to try and make things better.

As for why target consoles? That's rather simple - it's an objective that's obtainable. Sure, the world might be a better place if we stopped extracting oil tomorrow, but that's not a realistic aim. As they've proven with RoHS, reducing undesirable substances in luxury entertainment devices is achievable.
    It maybe obtainable but what will it actually achive? China is building 550 coal fired power stations, itll take more than a few trees, or less PVC in consoles to offset that.

Not that I'm that bothered, I'm still to be convinced global warming is anything other than a natural cycle, and even if it isnt its a little to late to do any thing now. A serious case of closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

Thanks
    • educatedfool's system
      • Motherboard:
      • DFI Infinity CFX3200/AM2
      • CPU:
      • AMD AM2 X2 6000 3.0Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 3GB Patriot DDR2 800 4-4-4-12
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 500Gb Sata II
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire HD2900XT 512MB
      • PSU:
      • 900W Tagan
      • Case:
      • Antec 900, better than a hoover
      • Operating System:
      • XP32 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer 22" Widescreen
      • Internet:
      • 8Mb BT

If they bothered to use those chemicals you think microsoft could have sneaked (snuck? seems an odd word though) a bit of lead into their solder

Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloodyNine View Post
    It maybe obtainable but what will it actually achive? China is building 550 coal fired power stations, itll take more than a few trees, or less PVC in consoles to offset that.
    It'll achieve a reduction in hazardous substances in use at a large majority of households. Arguably that's far more relevant to every day family life than what China's doing. It's not a carbon arguement as far as I'm aware.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kalniel View Post
    It'll achieve a reduction in hazardous substances in use at a large majority of households. Arguably that's far more relevant to every day family life than what China's doing. It's not a carbon arguement as far as I'm aware.
    How hazardous are these products really?

When was the last time you heard of someone getting sick from the tiny amount of what every it is in there PS3?

Just a band wagon to bring more awareness to themselves so they can try to infulence more impresionable minds with thier lefty liberalism

Thanks
    • Betty_Swallocks's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Z97-A
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 4690K o/c to 4.6 gHz
      • Memory:
      • 8Gb DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 256Gb SSD + 1320Gb (3x SATA drives)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI R9 390 8Gb
      • PSU:
      • Corsair CS750M
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Shark
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • 37" Samsung TV @1920x1080 + Dell 20.1" TFT secondary screen
      • Internet:
      • 150Mb Virgin Media cable

A single London bus does more damage to the environment than all the consoles in the world. (Probably)

They need to get some perspective.
    "Free speech includes not only the inoffensive but the irritating, the contentious, the eccentric, the heretical, the unwelcome and the provocative provided it does not tend to provoke violence. Freedom only to speak inoffensively is not worth having."

Registered+
    Thanks

Oh dear, more fuel for the gaming is bad crowd. I don't know how the movie industry gets away with this. I haven't seen Greenpeace chasing down actors for having private jets that pollute the atmosphere and whatnot. Why don't they go bother them, I have some gaming to do!

Thread Information