Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Features - Five must-have Nintendo Wii games that you may have missed

Thanks

Re: Features - Five must-have Nintendo Wii games that you may have missed

I actually have it, played it, it was ok, but I'd never call it the "game of the generation" though that's just silly. The best parts of it were really showing off the Wii controls rather than the actual game, like using the remote as a joystick to balance riding along on a shiny ball and such.

And yeah I agree about the fun for children not being automatically bad, I quite liked American McGee's Alice (though just how much that's designed for children is debatable ) - but some stuff, well, there is limits (zelda... lol... it's the kind of game people who dress up as elves like)

Thanks
    • Blademrk's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Sabertooth
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core I5
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 8 Gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • onboard Intel Graphics (for now)
      • PSU:
      • Corsair
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22" Dell & 20" DELL 2005w
      • Internet:
      • 32mb/sec Sky BB

I bought Boom blox for my nephew (christmas pressie), I've had a quick go and it's really addictive. worth getting (especially now it's dropped down to £20 in most places)
    Feel Free to add me to your Raptr, XFire, XBL or PSN Friend List
    My Steam Profile - Hexus Steam Community

Banned
    Thanks

I'm going to reply too, if only because someone needs to point out how stuck up your own arse you are, though with your arrogant little wkr attitude I would suspect it's already happened plenty, repeatedly, in the face, and you feel you now have to compensate for it.
    Ah. The fact I posted links to back up what I said annoyed you, so you are fuming and insulting me by making things up. I see I am dealing with a genius here.

1. No, I do not play " video games ". I'm not a yank. I play PC/computer games and a couple console games.
    Erm... ok.

2. You think I care about what the teeming masses think? Take That and other crimes against music are popular too, and a spreadsheet-like football game is top of the PC game charts - that doesn't mean they're good.
    Oh I see. Everyone else is wrong, and you are correct. Well fancy that. If only you'd pointed this out before.

3. I played Super Mario too and had one of the old NES. When I was 2 or something.
    So because you were young when Super Mario was around... it's no good? You make little sense mate. Very little sense.

4. It's pretty obvious you're the archetypical fanboy, unable to take any criticism of their treasured crap piled in sad, neat little rows. Just because someone doesn't share your obsession doesn't mean they are an "ignoramus" (heh, think you're insecure enough to think it makes you look intelligent to use words normal people do not use).
    But here is what I don't get - I posted links to back up what I said, you just ranted along... this, somehow, makes me the fanboy. Are you mental?

Also 'use words normal people do not use'. Bless. Are you still young?

5. More ad hominem. Boring. Again showing how much of an anal, sad little pedant you are there - it shouldnt matter if i talk like this except to the most direly sad.
    You have no answer to my points and thought you'd hide it behind a few insults. Yes, well done. Try answering my points, there's a good chap.

You even talk like an anime anorak
    But.. erm, I've never watched any anime, or indeed Manga, nor spoken about it, either on these forums, or any other. So, again, you are simply incorrect and making a fool of yourself.

7. I never said all Wii games were crap. I said most. Live with it. Again, if you can't accept that other people have different tastes than you it just shows what an obnoxiously self-absorbed little tt you are
    You insulted me again! Cool dude. Again, you have no answer to my points. Insulting me will not make you right, nor indeed make me wrong.

What a mess you've made. Go away and come back when you know something matey.
    Last edited by Stewart; 17-12-2008 at 11:54 PM.

Thanks

The only Wii game I've enjoyed playing recently was Guinness Book of Records and that's hardly brilliant.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Perfectionist View Post
    I actually have it, played it, it was ok, but I'd never call it the "game of the generation" though that's just silly. The best parts of it were really showing off the Wii controls rather than the actual game, like using the remote as a joystick to balance riding along on a shiny ball and such.

And yeah I agree about the fun for children not being automatically bad, I quite liked American McGee's Alice (though just how much that's designed for children is debatable ) - but some stuff, well, there is limits (zelda... lol... it's the kind of game people who dress up as elves like)
    It's not silly - as you can see from the links I posted, it's one of the most critically acclaimed games of all time. Simply pretending that you know better than everyone else will not work.

Also the Zelda series is just as acclaimed as the Mario series - Ocarina of Time being on most people's 'best games ever' list. The 'sort of game people who dress up as elves like' is the single most childish and ignorant thing I think I've ever heard anyone say on the subject of video games.

Well done.

Zelda - it's the sort of game people who dress up as elves like. You utter know-nothing child.

Read this - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6261546.stm

Please don't show your face on this gaming forums now you've said that, it's humiliating.
    Last edited by Stewart; 17-12-2008 at 10:41 PM.

Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by Steven W View Post
    The only Wii game I've enjoyed playing recently was Guinness Book of Records and that's hardly brilliant.
    I'm sure I've got a copy of My Horse and Me 2 floating around here somewhere if you like..

Banned
    Thanks

It's not a patch on My Horse and Me 1. Less horses.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazzlad View Post
    1) Zelda - Ocarina of Time

The best game ever made, without doubt. Months of play, a perfect learning curve, literally hundreds of different things to do, a superb camera/control system, I don't think games can get better than this - especially when you think of when it was released.

2) Super Mario Bros

Highest selling video game of all time, I don't know of a single person who hasn't played it, platforming perfection that turned Nintendo into the World leaders and revived the entire console market (after the big crash - thank you ET/Atari).

5) Super Mario 64

When developers for the "Ultra 64" saw a demo of Mario 64 apparently a bunch went back to the drawing board. Like Doom it defined the genre, every 3d platformer since can be traced back to Mario 64. The camera (for the time) was incredible, the level design perfect - collecting stars was great, if you were stuck on a level, go get more from elsewhere.
    Just to bring some sanity back to this thread.
    Last edited by Stewart; 17-12-2008 at 10:38 PM.

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Kingston HyperX SSD, Hitachi 1Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy

Wow, this has turned nasty in here, hasn't it?

Stewart...you're a long term "member" which is no excuse to believe that you're always right...cos you aint.

Perfectionist, please DONT call people WKR or TT and expect me to not see it.

Consider yourselves slapped. From a great height.

Now girls...play nicely or you'll get a cold shower...called a BAN. Trust me....I'm in the mood.

Stewart, dear chap, stop using your incisive wit, cos it's a bit too sharp some days, and you might cut someone, or yaself.
    Perfectionist.... nice forum name by the way... no more side stepping the swear filter pls. Fankooo.

Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy

by the way....

Wii Boxing is the best game on Wii, cos it's the only one I'm any good at

"The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |

Banned
    Thanks

Zak, matey, I respect you, and you know this because I have never said or indeed done anything that even hints otherwise. You would agree with this, I know.

So I accept the warning, and you will get no more wit from me, on pain of being banned. I will follow the rules.

On the being right thing, quite apart from the numerous links I posted...

Quote Originally Posted by kalniel View Post
    Feel the hexus love!

Look, stewart might be wrong about most things , but he's dead right about Mario Galaxy
    I was right.

Seriously though, I accept the wrist slap Zak.

Hope the kid is healthy and growing.

Cheers.

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy

onward and upward

Tech-ignorant Factoid
    Thanks

How old is your young'un Zak? Is he old enough to have a proper Gaming Induction yet?

Stew - whilst I do have a good laugh at your posts most of the time, Zak's right, that was pretty acid.

Sounded almost like Yahtzee

Perfectionist - as Stew said, everyone is entitled to thier opinion, of course opinions are by no means FACT. Stew may have backed up his argument with the sources, doesn't mean they stand true by everyone. I'll stand up and say neither Zelda nor Mario are on my 'best games evar!' list, but then half of what I WOULD put on there would be rubbish to a great many others. Stewart is by no means a fanboy of ANY console or game, I'm sure if you could take the time to point out any laws you may spot within Stew's fave games, he'd happily accept that they are there rather than deny it ever was.

If you want massive arguments, there's always IRC and MSN and the like

Finally, I agree completely with Kalniel - ! (I'm sure last time it got like this, feisty happened...)

13. Received thanks from:

Stewart (17-12-2008)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information