Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: News - High Modern Warfare 2 review scores don't reflect public opinion?

Thanks

Re: News - High Modern Warfare 2 review scores don't reflect public opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey M@a View Post
    I would be interested in reading it as I have both the PC and 360 version and personally I am finding the 360 version easier to get along with. Nothing wrong with the PC version but I am wondering if the 360 is winning due to the fact I can just chill and sit and play it on the 37" TV where as the PC I am stuck to a 22" TFT. Could also be the fact after a day at work the last thing I want to do is be stuck on yet another PC.
    I know someone who has also switched to the XBox360 for his gaming, even for CoD4. Maybe it's because he doesn't have a desktop and I am sure that a large TV (maybe 37" too?) is more immersive than a 15-17" desktop replacement laptop (which is still handy for LAN games).

Apparently, it's also more hassle free, and he says that he is so used to the gamepad that he doesn't even notice the difference with a mouse and keyboard now.

Unlike me. I was first introduced to CoD4 on the Xbox360 in a multiplayer game, and I couldn't shoot a single living thing. Well, often enough I didn't who is on my team, even when I recognise an enemy right in front of me, I would get shot while I struggle with the controller.

Thanks
    • Grey M@a's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790K (With H100i cooling)
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB DDR3 (2 x 8GB)
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, 1TB Cavier Black WD HD, 4TB Cavier Black WD HD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI R9 390X Gaming Edition 8GB
      • PSU:
      • SuperFlower Leadex GOLD 850W Fully Modular
      • Case:
      • Corsair 650D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" LG 24GM77-B 144Hz
      • Internet:
      • 100MB Virgin Media Cable

Quote Originally Posted by TooNice View Post
    I know someone who has also switched to the XBox360 for his gaming, even for CoD4. Maybe it's because he doesn't have a desktop and I am sure that a large TV (maybe 37" too?) is more immersive than a 15-17" desktop replacement laptop (which is still handy for LAN games).

Apparently, it's also more hassle free, and he says that he is so used to the gamepad that he doesn't even notice the difference with a mouse and keyboard now.

Unlike me. I was first introduced to CoD4 on the Xbox360 in a multiplayer game, and I couldn't shoot a single living thing. Well, often enough I didn't who is on my team, even when I recognise an enemy right in front of me, I would get shot while I struggle with the controller.
    I was exactly the same last year when I got the xbox I started Gears of War and CoD4 and I couldn't shoot a thing. Now I am starting to get used to it I am surprised at how well it works I am not great by anyone's book but I can hold my own in games now I generally use the PC these days for EVE Online and a bit of L4D1 and 2.

Thanks
    • Barrichello's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus VII Ranger
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7-4790 (3.60Ghz)
      • Memory:
      • 16GB
      • Storage:
      • 2 x (250GB) Samsung 840 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Geforce GTX 770 (DC2OC 2GB GDDR5)
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750HX
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define R4
      • Operating System:
      • Linux/Win 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • BenQ XL2720T
      • Internet:
      • 100MB/100MB

Quote Originally Posted by educatedfool View Post
    Same here. If I wanted 'the console experience' in my games I wouldn't have bothered buying a gaming PC.
    Same. Im certain my pre-order cancellation has no affect on their overall sales not a protest as such, - just no interest in a dumbed down 9v9 (lol) multiplayer, a real step back. Good thing so many other good games out there now at least.

Thanks
    • finlay666's system
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 6950 2gb
      • Case:
      • Fractal R3
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8
      • Monitor(s):
      • U2713HM and V222H
      • Internet:
      • cable

Quote Originally Posted by Barrichello View Post
    Same. Im certain my pre-order cancellation has no affect on their overall sales not a protest as such, - just no interest in a dumbed down 9v9 (lol) multiplayer, a real step back. Good thing so many other good games out there now at least.
    I have seen one site where the PC version has lost over 50,000 sales.

Saying that in one week the UK has bought over 3 MILLION copies alone, not the mention the US etc
    H3XU5 Social FAQ
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerai View Post
    I do like a bit of hot crumpet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information