Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: News - Apple stores to open early for iPad launch

Thanks

Re: News - Apple stores to open early for iPad launch

Just got back from Birmingham and the Apple store had a small queue outside to get in (it was packed). I literally laughed at them (and they responded with a smug sneer as per normal ).

You have to give it to Apple they really do know how to take money off people.

Thanks
    • Percy1983's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte x570 Aorus Pro
      • CPU:
      • AMD 5900x + Cooler Master Nepton 140XL
      • Memory:
      • 64GB (4x16GB ) Corsair Vengence 3200mhz @ 3600mhz CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1tb SP US75 Boot + Fast 4tb SP XS70 + Slow Raid 0 4tb (2tbx2) with 100gb NVME cache
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Vega 56 8GB
      • PSU:
      • 875w Thermaltake Toughpower XT
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Acer UHD x2
      • Internet:
      • Vodafone

I am actually friends with a sheep... I mean ipad owner and he tried to show me how amazing it was and I was not very impressed.

Yes its a bit rubbish which is fair enough there is loads of products which are abit rubbish but not all of them charge the Apple premium tax do they?

I was forced into using a Macbook the other day and all the time had the owner sitting next to me saying how brilliant it was, to which I agreed for what she wanted its great despite being over priced. Just as she said she has never had a problem and 'it just does everything' I plugged my pen drive in, guess what I couldn't write to it becuase it was in that strange old format which nobody uses anymore... NTFS...

It does seem on a forum like this where most people have a level of technical know how the ipad gets a knocking, shame the sheep aren't as educated.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Percy1983 View Post

I was forced into using a Macbook the other day and all the time had the owner sitting next to me saying how brilliant it was, to which I agreed for what she wanted its great despite being over priced. Just as she said she has never had a problem and 'it just does everything' I plugged my pen drive in, guess what I couldn't write to it becuase it was in that strange old format which nobody uses anymore... NTFS...
    Let me introduce you to NTFS-3G.
    http://macntfs-3g.blogspot.com/
    Works very well on a mac I load ntfs drives all the time. NTFS is a microsoft windows file format that I believe is copyrighted and protect by microsoft. Hence linux and os x not all having built in support. It's no different to windows not supporting HFS drives by default.

Thanks
    • TAKTAK's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 970 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 5700 XT 50th Anniversary
      • PSU:
      • Be Quiet SFX-L 600W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-O11 Mini
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG Ultrawide
      • Internet:
      • 200Mb FTTP

Argh, god dammit, i totally forgot to get up early in order to be a tool along with everyone else

Oh wait, no, i have a life and work to do, rather than queue for 24 hours in order to splash copious amounts of money in order to buy some inane gadget

What's wrong with ordering online?
    Post Counts and Other Rewards, Rules, Folding@Home, Fans: Push vs Pull vs Push-Pull, Corsair PSU OEMs.

Quote Originally Posted by razer121 View Post
    Would you like me to enter you? it would be my pleasure
    TAKTAK.co.uk

Thanks

This has been said many times - iPads aren't for techy guys, if you are on of them you got all the time in world to fiddle with things. Unfortunately my mum has neither time or knowledge to do this hence I got her an iPad. She loves it to bits....

Would I get one? Probably not as I have far too many computers in my house...

Whatever people are saying - nothing will stop Apple from selling millions and making billions... Gotta admit, they know how to make money!

Thanks
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

Quote Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
    And this makes what difference when it comes to what it does and how it does it? I've yet to hear anyone who's used one complain that it slow to do pretty much anything?

Comparing it to a netbook is a nonsense. I've used tons of netbooks, in fact my iPad is replacing a netbook. For the simple reason, I never used my netbook unless forced as it was far to slow and was no good to work on for anything but the simplest of tasks. So far my use of the iPad has been a joy. It's nice to sit on the sofa in comfort rather than hiding in the office doing my work for one.

Apple realised long ago that users don't care about stats they buy stuff that works well. It could have a 3mhz cpu in there for all I and most other people care. It just has to do what it can do fast.

I constantly amazed that people spend so much of their lives trying to convince people that apple buyers are sheep and have no idea that product x out there is far better for some reason. There are tons of reasons why the iPod/iPhone and iPad have been successful. Others dreams of having the success of apple, but generally end up with me too products.
    Netbooks are slower than an iPad even though tests show otherwise?? Oh,so people who own sub-notebooks and tablets never browsed the internet on the sofa??

Sheep?? Where did I say Apple users are sheep? So I have to like the iPad just because you bought one then??

I have to agree that everything Apple makes is perfect then? Why??

I have used everything from the Macbook Air to dual processor Mac Pros. Like I said I like some of their products and think they are a good design company.

In fact I stated this in the first paragraph of post 15.

You ignore this since you want to brand everyone who does not like any Apple product an Apple Hater.

Using your logic if you don't like one single Apple product you hate all Apple products.

The funny thing is that I was not even referring to you just the product and you look at it as an attack on Apple(and probably you)?

Out of interest how many of those complaining about the iPad have actually used one? Even for a quick play on someone elses?
    Yep, I have but it does not mean I want to buy one either.
    Last edited by CAT-THE-FIFTH; 28-05-2010 at 09:38 PM.

Technojunkie
    Thanks

Had a play with one in my local PC World (who had dozens in stock),
    pretty slick interface, in the same way an iphone is, but that screen looks too
    glossy - fingermarks and more reflections than an iphone, but maybe just because its bigger.

I guess all those queuing outside the Apple stores weren't told that PC World and Currys would also have plenty of stock
    Chrome & Firefox addons for BBC News
    Follow me @twitter

Thanks

Cat

Speed is not just benchmarks. For example I can leave the iPad on sleep for a month wake it in seconds and be on the Internet. How long would that take on my old netbook maybe a minute.

The sheep comment was aimed at others not you.

As for not liking any product that's fine. I've no issue with that it's the constantly reposting the same stuff in any relate thread that I find odd. There are a few apple products I'm not a fan of the base level iPod for example. And the Apple TV (Though the new rumours look to be a bit more interesting). I've also hated all apple mice until the magic mouse.
    Last edited by Gordy; 28-05-2010 at 11:58 PM.

9. Received thanks from:

CAT-THE-FIFTH (28-05-2010)

Thanks

@CAT-THE-FIFTH: You didn't (refer to anyone as sheep), but I am going to hazard a guess that it was not directly aimed at you even though he may have quoted you. I am both puzzled and amused (and less and less bothered) that people are that bothered how other people spend they time/money.

Edit: And looks like I replied too late. And incidentally, I'd say that the 5G iPod was one of the best product they Apple made during that period of time. And yes, I tested out with it's biggest competitor at the time, namely the Creative Vision:M and the Cowon X5.

Whereas I am not particularly interested in the iPad. But whatever happens to "whatever float your boat"..

11. Received thanks from:

CAT-THE-FIFTH (28-05-2010)

Thanks
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

Cat

Speed is not just benchmarks. For example I can leave the iPad on sleep for a month wake it in seconds and be on the Internet. How long would that take on my old netbook maybe a minute.

The sheep comment was aimed at others not you.

As for not liking any product that's fine. I've no issue with that it's the constantly reposting the same stuff in any relate thread that I find odd. There are a few apple products I'm not a fan of the base level iPod.
    Fair enough! I don't dislike Apple products generally myself since I think they do make nice and easy to use products (but targeted at a higher end of the market when it comes to computers).

However as with netbooks non-techy people may have overly high expectations of the iPad and it could lead to disappointment with them in the long term.

You probably realise these limitations though so you know what you are getting.
    Last edited by CAT-THE-FIFTH; 28-05-2010 at 10:24 PM.

Thanks
    • cameronlite's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P5K Premium
      • CPU:
      • Intel Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Corsair 1333mhz
      • Storage:
      • 128GB Corsair Force 3 SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI Twin Frozr AMD 5850 1GB
      • PSU:
      • XILENCE 600W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li P50r AMD Limited Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8 Professional 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer 243W 24", HP LA2405 24", Dell 2405 24"
      • Internet:
      • Virgin - 30Mb

Anti-apple idiots, who are completely blinkered to anything apple, is not a good category to be in....
    I'm not a fanboy to anybody, as a rule i buy the best products - despite who makes them. Shiny things are great, and im a sucker for stylish things, but the Apple products are so popular, they've lost their 'style' because everybody has one. Needless to say - i don't own any Apple products - yet.

The number of computers you can use them on is a reason not to buy them anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information