Quote Originally Posted by Funkstar View Post
Android doesn't work like that. Apps are installed on the internal storage, some apps can be moved to SD or external storage if they support it, not all do. This isn't something that can be changed by the manufacturer, that is how Android is made to work.
Ah right, I'd kind of assumed that there might be a way to build a device that had it's storage on SD, but without it necessarily knowing that the storage it was using was physically removable. Basically using the SD card in a manner analogous to a normal DIMM or SSD in a desktop PC.
Quote Originally Posted by Funkstar View Post
In an ideal world you would have a few GB of internal storage and a microSD card slot. The SD can then handle user files like music, photos and videos and any apps you manually moved over.
Like I said before, as far as I'm concerned any 'droid phone - apart from maybe a budget model - that is fixed storage only is an instant "fail" in my book. Like others (I guess) I probably won't change the card, but the fact that it is removable is a plus point. There is no need to ape Apple ...