Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
I havent often found my desire to slow down much unless im really laying on the multitasking, something which iphone and WP7 cant really in the same true sense! Il give it to you on the battery life but again, its not much better on iphone or wp7, most current smartphone platforms require you to carry a charging cable around with you.
Thing about android which sets it aside from the others is you CAN pick up android phones for under £200, hell i have found quite a few decent options for under £100 if your just using it for basic non-graphical dependent stuff. This option simply doesn't exist for WP7 or iPhone at the moment.
True, the cheapest WP7 I've seen so far is £160. However I think we will see them hit £100 before too long, whilst being feature phones, that are able to play good games, whilst having good battery life.
Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
Android isnt supposed to have 'out the box functionality' on the same level as the others, its a blank slate and YOU choose what functionality you want... thats the point. This whole premium thing is a non-issue at the moment as its just conjecture however i will probably pay it (assuming the platform isnt utterly crippled by law suits and patent wars in the coming months) as i would rather decide what UI and software i would like to use on my phone rather than having it almost dictated to me by apple or microsoft.
This is a problem in my mind, this whole you choose the functionality thing means you've got one brand which can vary from been good to erm, less good. WM6.5 suffered greatly from this, because the out of the box functionality was awful.
Quote Originally Posted by cheesemp View Post
@TheAnimus - I have to change my X10 every day but it makes it through the day 99% of the time and when it hasn't its usually because I've done a lot of GPS/web browsing. One thing I did find that killed the battery though was having tweetdeck set to check every 5 minutes but that was my fault. I do use a task killer but other than that nothing special.
Push Email, Push Live Messenger, battery at 65%, was taken off charge at 6am on Tuesday. This phone cost a lot less than a X10 too.
Quote Originally Posted by cheesemp View Post
Also when describing the features you mentioned - I'm sure the other phones do have similar (my does have facebook integration as well) however I've now made an investment in android and don't want the effort to switch. Having had s60 devices up until this X10 I remember the effort it use to take to transfer everything every time I changed phone.
Yes, my point is that all the phones have those features. My concern is with the 'investments' people have to make.