• Case:
      • Lian-Li PC70B
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • 40mbit Sky Fibre

Re: News - Battlefield 3 pre-order details confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by Roobubba View Post
    I massively object to them not releasing through Steam. All my other games are on there, why should I have to put up with another piece of software that does essentially the same thing, just with a different subset of games? Ridiculous, given that they successfully sold Bad Company 2 through steam.

I don't want a physical disk, I've run out of places to put the damn things, and I never go back to them anyway...

It might seem like cutting off my nose to spite my face, but I really am considering boycotting this game because of their decision not to release through steam. Wasn't it Game that threw toys out of the pram when Brink was released, causing that to get pulled from Steam on release day? Thankfully I had that preloaded. If it was Game, I will never, ever buy from them, and I will strongly advise all my gaming buddies to do the same.

Just to be clear, I'm not against Origin per se, but I am against having multiple gaming platforms to play/install different games. Competition is good for the consumer, but childish bickering "we won't release our game on your platform" doesn't help anyone, and I want to show EA what I think of the line they're taking.

I would much, MUCH rather they worked on improving their menus and server browser. Both BF2 and BF:BC2 had absolutely diabolical friends/server browsing systems. Why oh why won't they just integrate with Steam properly, it works for so many other games very well!

Utterly disgusted with EA: Release your game on ALL platforms/stores, and let your customers decide how they want to get hold of your product!

Roo
    EA have spent time and money creating origin and to further it's chances of success they decided to move their biggest title to it to drum up popularity. people can bitch and moan all they want how they want it on all platforms etc. but at the end of the day it's not your money being invested or spent, or your creation you're trying to get out there.

who are you to say they should release their games to your terms just to please your needs ?

o and the whole more software to have installed/more media to have around argument..waaah! it's really not that big of a deal. if you've got a system that will suffer by having another application running then you probably can't even run BF3 and if you've not got enough space for 1 more DVD case in your house than i advise you to move out of the shoebox you're currently living in

companies need to diversify and find more market share any way they can

sorry for sounding kinda harsh in this but it just comes off incredibly childish when you read these sort of arguments

Thanks
    • EzyRyder's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit IP-35 Pro
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 @ 3.1Ghz + Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme (with AS5)
      • Memory:
      • 4GB OCZ ReaperHZ PC2-8000 5-5-5-15
      • Storage:
      • OCZ Vertex 2E 60GB + 500GB Samsung F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte 460 GTX 1GB
      • PSU:
      • Tagan 480-U1
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC7 Plus
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407WFP (rev 04) + Dell SoundBar AS501
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 10MB

If you don't like not being on Steam - vote where it hurts, with your wallet.

I personally don't care.

Thanks
    • Merson's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI X79-GD85 (8D)
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 3930K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Dominator1600Mhz (8-8-8-24)
      • Storage:
      • 120GB Corsair Force GT , 2TB WD Caviar Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 670 Superclocked Signature 2
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX850
      • Case:
      • Coarsair 650D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x Dell UT2412M
      • Internet:
      • UPC 150meg Fibre

You have a few options here:

1) Buy off Origin and get financially hurt
    2) Buy a retail copy for a much better bargain
    3) Ignore the game completely as you want it on steam (Personally you're a muppet if you actually want and are looking forward to the game and do this)

But it goes much further than that, with retail pre-orders your likely to get it a few days early before release. If you hate physical DVD's then you can register your retail keys on Origin so you have a fully fledged digital copy to go with your disc. BTW you can do this now with any recently released EA games, even your steam keys. Also remember Origin does not have to be running to launch any game downloaded on it.

If your stubborn and hate Origin? Well your just going to either have to get used to it or get retail copies from now on as EA will be throwing their entire catalogue at this. EA have also not started a Valve trait of forcing you to use Origin for their compatible games which at least gives you the options.

While it's a major kick in the teeth to most (including myself) BF3 not being on steam is minor at best when you look at the alternatives.
    Last edited by Merson; 07-08-2011 at 11:03 AM.

Thanks
    • Roobubba's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI P55 GD60
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 860 @ 3.58GHz (Megahalems + Apache)
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Patriot Viper DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 80GB Intel X25-M + bunch of HDDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 5870 + Earplugs.
      • PSU:
      • TAGAN 800W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li V1110 (bit disappointing)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 24" LCD (TN)
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20MBit

I am not trying to stop any of you buy your games through whatever medium you choose, why should you object to me wanting it through the medium of my choice?

Thanks
    • Merson's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI X79-GD85 (8D)
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 3930K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Dominator1600Mhz (8-8-8-24)
      • Storage:
      • 120GB Corsair Force GT , 2TB WD Caviar Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 670 Superclocked Signature 2
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX850
      • Case:
      • Coarsair 650D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x Dell UT2412M
      • Internet:
      • UPC 150meg Fibre

I'm just putting the point's across. You do have options if your now looking elsewhere. I think ditching the game because it's not on steam is a poor showing of the PC community personally. Especially when this is just as much Steam's fault then EA's.

If you really like the series, and are looking forward to BF3 you would buy it on the platform you think is the best alternative. Personally i will be buying a retail copy and then registering the CD Key on Origin so i have a digital copy. This support's DICE then who have put massive effort into making this game.

Anthropomorphic Personification shaithis's Avatar
    Thanks
    • shaithis's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77 WS
      • CPU:
      • i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • 32GB HyperX 1866
      • Storage:
      • Lots!
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Fury X
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX850
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T (White)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2 x Dell 3007
      • Internet:
      • Zen 80Mb Fibre

Get used to having more then one "steam" app. It's the future and you can bet that most content distributors are either looking at a digital delivery method of their own or are already working on one.

It's all down to money and they see the money they are giving to steam as money that they could be keeping.

I doubt I will buy it right away, somehow missed the £17 pre-order and now 30+ for it seems steep when they have effectively made it clear they can sell it for half that.
    Main PC: Asus Rampage IV Extreme / 3960X@4.5GHz / Antec H1200 Pro / 32GB DDR3-1866 Quad Channel / Sapphire Fury X / Areca 1680 / 850W EVGA SuperNOVA Gold 2 / Corsair 600T / 2x Dell 3007 / 4 x 250GB SSD + 2 x 80GB SSD / 4 x 1TB HDD (RAID 10) / Windows 10 Pro, Yosemite & Ubuntu
    HTPC: AsRock Z77 Pro 4 / 3770K@4.2GHz / 24GB / GTX 1080 / SST-LC20 / Antec TP-550 / Hisense 65k5510 4K TV / HTC Vive / 2 x 240GB SSD + 12TB HDD Space / Race Seat / Logitech G29 / Win 10 Pro
    HTPC2: Asus AM1I-A / 5150 / 4GB / Corsair Force 3 240GB / Silverstone SST-ML05B + ST30SF / Samsung UE60H6200 TV / Windows 10 Pro
    Spare/Loaner: Gigabyte EX58-UD5 / i950 / 12GB / HD7870 / Corsair 300R / Silverpower 700W modular
    NAS 1: HP N40L / 12GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Arrays || NAS 2: Dell PowerEdge T110 II / 24GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Hybrid arrays || Network:Buffalo WZR-1166DHP w/DD-WRT + HP ProCurve 1800-24G
    Laptop: Dell Precision 5510 Printer: HP CP1515n || Phone: Huawei P30 || Other: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Pro 10.1 CM14 / Playstation 4 + G29 + 2TB Hybrid drive

Registered+
    Thanks

Building a PC pretty much just for this game so it better be worth it!

Registered+
    Thanks

I'm so gutted you can't play split screen on multiplayer on console with this only thing it's missing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information