• Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2309W
      • Internet:
      • PlusNet FiberTTC

Re: News - Nokia Lumia 920 Windows Phone 8 training videos leaked online

I can see two potential views on this.

1) - If they want to actually sell lots of 920's, then it's a bad strategy IMO. As above.

2) They DONT want to sell lots of 920's, however they do want to sell lots of the lower-down models for cheaper money.
    Think about it in car terms - Nissan have just released the ridiculous Juke R, costing £400,000.. I dont think for a second that they will sell many, or indeed make any profit on that line, but the purpose is to get headlines, magazine space, and implant an image in the minds of potential customers of the low cost Jukes of 'cool' (or something).
    Apple themselves play the 'halo' effect with skill, enabling some type of 'desire by association'.

My opinion - for Nokia, this is a very high risk strategy, that could see people turning their backs, and Nokia going broke. It'd be a shame.
    My wife has just got a Lumia 800, since it was free on her £15 a month contract, and I am very impressed on the whole - it's certainly made me consider a Windows Phone for the first time for my next upgrade in a year, which if I hadnt have played with it personally and gotten a feel, i'd never have considered it.
    I'm commenting on an internet forum. Your facts hold no sway over me.
    - Another poster, from another forum.

System as shown, plus: Microsoft Wireless mobile 4000 mouse and Logitech Illuminated keyboard.
    Sennheiser RS160 wireless headphones. Creative Gigaworks T40 SII. My wife.
    My Hexus Trust

Seething Cauldron of Hatred TheAnimus's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MSIC View Post
    My opinion - for Nokia, this is a very high risk strategy, that could see people turning their backs, and Nokia going broke. It'd be a shame.
    My wife has just got a Lumia 800, since it was free on her £15 a month contract, and I am very impressed on the whole - it's certainly made me consider a Windows Phone for the first time for my next upgrade in a year, which if I hadnt have played with it personally and gotten a feel, i'd never have considered it.
    To be honest, I think that is their hardest stumbling point. Live tiles and the whole feel of the device just doesn't work outside an interactive demo.

With my 800, which is exactly one year old, so my contract is up for renewal now, it cost me £20 a month, for a year, with a very small (ie £40) up front fee. This was actually less than the sim free price, with 1.5gb of data a month a few calls and a lot of txts... What I'm getting at here is Nokia don't mind having one price for sim free, and one price for operators. As they've gone exclusive with EE, no doubt to get garanteed marketing precense in shops and such, they probably have given an exclusive price discount, say £200 below all other sales or similar.

If they haven't done anything like that, then they truely deserve to fail, the halo effect isn't enough.
    throw new ArgumentException (String, String, Exception)

Thanks

Just had my Nokia 800 for 4 months now and it is starting to play up, with the clock resetting itself and flight mode turning on by itself, losing the internet settings and not allowing any picture messages into the phone, unable to post any picture messages and that is all I have come across, so very doubtful I will buy another Nokia because they have blown it with me, Need to recharge my iPhone 3GS glad I never sold it on.

Seething Cauldron of Hatred TheAnimus's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff I View Post
    Just had my Nokia 800 for 4 months now and it is starting to play up, with the clock resetting itself and flight mode turning on by itself, losing the internet settings and not allowing any picture messages into the phone, unable to post any picture messages and that is all I have come across, so very doubtful I will buy another Nokia because they have blown it with me, Need to recharge my iPhone 3GS glad I never sold it on.
    Get the operator to replace it whilst its still so new!
    throw new ArgumentException (String, String, Exception)

5. Received thanks from:

Geoff I (21-10-2012)

Thanks

I phoned them up on Friday and they sent various settings via messaging which never worked, I had to type the APN in manually to get the internet working, if I send myself a picture message it works but if anyone else sends me one then I have to go online to retrieve it, I have tried taking the sim card out and replace it but all of the time has reset its self and as soon as I turn on automatic time from the internet then it turns on airplane mode, so yes they will be getting another call off me tomorrow, must be some sort of fault with the phone, I do like the phone but I just hope it can be sorted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information