Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: News - Weak Apple iPhone demand precipitates share price drop

Seething Cauldron of Hatred TheAnimus's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: News - Weak Apple iPhone demand precipitates share price drop

Quote Originally Posted by 3dcandy View Post
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...s-iphone-sales

Take a look through that...perhaps you may understand why investors are cautious
    Oh god. The comments.

In the same way someone made the ****-O-TRON for BBC HYS comments, most of those are utter drivel.

So a comapny which is incredibly cash rich, having its best profits ever, share price took a beating. That doesn't mean investment bankers think that it will go bust, it doesn't mean that they are in any danger. It just means the market isn't expecting growth.

The way most of the fanboys/anti-capitalist-yet-pro-apple-capitalisation types write there makes me wish gun ownership where legal with hunting permits.
    throw new ArgumentException (String, String, Exception)

Thanks

Oh I know..but it's still apparent that investors are jumpy. I think this is the first time in ages that Apple has missed it's shipping forecast (Dogger - cloudy?) for the iPhone in years...
    Old puter - still good enuff till I save some pennies!

Thanks
    • crossy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Sabertooth X99
      • CPU:
      • Intel 5830k / Noctua NH-D15
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 850Pro NVMe, 1TB Samsung 850EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 2TB WD Green, 8TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Strix GTX970OC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX750 (modular)
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster HAF932 (with wheels)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Ubuntu 16.04LTS
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG Flattron W2361V
      • Internet:
      • VirginMedia 200Mb

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimus View Post
    Meanwhile the Google Ecosystem has been growing day by day. Some are suggesting that the rise of Google's Productivity Suite could see Chrome OS start to become more mainstream for the durrr PC to complex for me crowd, the people who've been buying an iPad and a Laptop because they still have to do some office work. Apple will see none of this growth.
    Good post!
    At the risk of contradicting you, Chromebook's might be a go-er for personal use, but businesses seem to be heading rapidly towards Windows8. After all, if/when you can get a tablet that can slot into a dock, which is then connected to proper monitor, keyboard, etc and runs the same OS that the bosses powerhouse desktop does then that's a compelling device. You don't have to learn a new UI, you get a wide app choice and support is easier.

As you point out Apple's now caught between giant that is Windows, and the soldier ant colony of Android. So unless they come out with something "gotta have" soon then they're either going to get squashed or nibbled to death.

iPhone5 was "okay", and the only "innovation" in tablets was to go for a form factor that everyone else is doing. Meanwhile, the competition are delivering more and more well designed and feature-filled smartphones and tablets. So I can well understand why a savvy investor might assume that Apple's kind of lost it's way.

Perhaps it's time for a new way of thinking at Cupertino?

Career status: still enjoying my new career in DevOps, but it's keeping me busy...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information