Thread: News - Google Glass processor and RAM specs revealed

Thanks

Re: News - Google Glass processor and RAM specs revealed

WWGLD?

What would Geordi Laforge do?

Registered+
    Thanks

You'd need the camera to be always on and cloud connected so you can identify the person who steals them off you. If ipod headphones were a sign, then the guy talking to his glasses is going to be a giant billboard. Im going wait til they're deus ex style drilled into the temple.

Thanks

good product of the feds(google) , makes their lives easyer

Registered+
    Thanks

Let's face it people... The only reason they want to push these products onto a gullible public is so they can flash ads into your peripheral vision so you're subliminably programmed to buy a coffee when they suggest as you pass a Starbucks etc etc

Technojunkie
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gagaga View Post
    The glasses come with clip-in lenses - you can have youe prescription made up as you would with any other frame.
    Yep, make them look like regular glasses, and they'll sell more.

Producers of wearable tech should realise people are bothered about take what they look like while wearing and using it
    Not just get lost in the tech possibilities.
    Last edited by mikerr; 02-05-2013 at 09:01 AM.
    Chrome & Firefox addons for BBC News
    Follow me @twitter

Super Nerd
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Audiothor View Post
    Yeah, just wait 'til the Man zeroes in on your life and see how far the 'nothing to hide, nothing to fear' argument gets you...
    Because framing innocent people REQUIRES technology? Funny how all those historical despots managed just fine without any modern technology... Go ask Hitler and Stalin how easy it was to zero in on some citizen's life and frame them up for camps or gulags, or perhaps further back in history the Inquisition...

It's always happened, always will happen in our foreseeable future. Just hope it isn't you. Technology has nothing to do with it, for every advance in spying there is an advance in hiding, escaping or defending yourself. You should be thankful to live in a modern democracy where there is significantly less of that kind of shenanigans happening...

Quote Originally Posted by clovy View Post
    I think many traffic accident will happen because this gadget.
    Well if mobile phone whilst driving is banned so may these be, but the main advantage is you can still see the road ahead and so it's arguably less distracting than a satnav or car radio.

Quote Originally Posted by Audiothor View Post
    Also, I think so many of these are gonna get ripped off the glassholes faces and stomped on then the insurance industry must be rubbing their hands together in anticipation...
    Well that'd be an immature way of dealing with something you don't like. I don't like people who think their paranoia knows best and should dictate what the rest of us do and fear... I'm not going to get violent about it though.

It's not the first way to film things, and given that the function will be well known it's not even that stealthy. There are already far more discrete ways to do it if you're actually filming something other people wouldn't like, are you saying we should ban every form of miniature camera? That would be counter-productive to civil liberties, a lot of investigative journalism relies on hidden cameras.

Should I ask for signed in triplicate permission from every person in range before I take a shot in public? Or perhaps people should just not do things in public which they wouldn't want recorded... after all it is IN PUBLIC!
    Last edited by kingpotnoodle; 03-05-2013 at 01:22 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information