Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: News - Microsoft's Major Nelson unboxes the Xbox One (video)

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: News - Microsoft's Major Nelson unboxes the Xbox One (video)

I still think it looks like an old VCR :/

Registered+
    Thanks

External PSU = a very good thing imho. Now if PC case manufacturers would give us a compartment, with a grommeted hole for cabling and an out-take fan to keep the PSU heat from the rest of the components, as standard- happy days.
    I am wondering if they have learned their lesson from RROD and taken the heat from the new processor speed boost into account.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • cokker's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450 GPC A/C
      • CPU:
      • AMD R7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • Adata Spectrix D60G 3000 @ 3600MHz
      • Storage:
      • 250GB SSD / 512GB NVME / 2TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • AMD RX 5700 XT Reference
      • PSU:
      • Super Flower Leadex 3 650W
      • Case:
      • Phanteks P350x
      • Operating System:
      • Microshaft Winhoes 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • iiyama ProLite XUB3493WQSU-B1
      • Internet:
      • Yes Down / Yes Up

External PSU's are pretty pointless and out dated:

"If it fails it's easier to replace" True but you will still be without a console for a week (or however long), or take it back to the store to get a replacement in which case (inside or out) either way it's still not an issue.

"Takes the heat out of the console" A little I guess, the 360's PSU's are covered in plastic and consumed up to 203w (Xenon and Zephyr), after hours of use they are only warm to the touch, having the components exposed inside will only make the PSU cooler. The 360 didn't have an internal PSU but that overheated due to a poor cooling design, makes this argument invalid.

Just to add to zen1966's comment, PSU's are made to vent outside of the case, they are also designed to keep cool hence passive cooled PSU's, if you're having trouble with an overheating PSU then it must be very bad quality or you have done something wrong.

Thanks

I don't see the argument with the power brick, this is hinting that the slim version could be as thin as a laptop.

As for paying for a service that is free, is downright a crime. As for dvr I hope it's due to saving the videos on cloud than the system.

Thanks

Better than the power supply is separate, it cools off easier and I don't have to worry about my xbox being destroyed when one my A-hole cats pees on it (one of my cats is obsessed with peeing on my xbox power supply, lucky neither the cat nor the xbox has suffered)..

I'm a bit missed about the Skype thing too. Skype is free. Microsoft owns Skype. Where's the problem? Just a way to make us pay more.. and in my case (American overseas with a US xbox live account because I intend to move back and hate having my dashboard in a foreign language) I always get ripped off with stuff I can't use anyway because it isn't in my "region".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information