Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: News - Amazon to offer Sunday delivery in UK and US cities

brs
    Registered+
    Thanks

Re: News - Amazon to offer Sunday delivery in UK and US cities

Shouldn't the title read "Amazon to offer Sunday delivery in London"?

Pseudo-Mad Scientist Whiternoise's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Whiternoise's system
      • Motherboard:
      • DFI LANPARTY JR P45-T2RS
      • CPU:
      • Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 8GB DDR2
      • Storage:
      • 5.6TB Total
      • Graphics card(s):
      • HD4780
      • PSU:
      • 425W Modu82+ Enermax
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08b
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 23" IPS
      • Internet:
      • 1Gbps Fibre Line

It's never really been 6 day delivery, Saturday delivery has always been an massive price hike for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Apex View Post
    It must be my age that is catching up with me but am getting to hate the 'always on' world we live in.

Amazon started to get a lot more of my business when i finally got fed up of ebay and just the amount of crud that is on there but thanks to Amazons tax dealings i am starting to look elsewhere.

This weekend for example i bought myself a nice shiny pair of Sennheiser PC350SE headphones from Maplins, they had them in stock and at the same price that Amazon wanted, nice friendly staff, no pressure sales

I was in no rush for them so could have waited but made the choice to pick it up locally.
    There is a lot of crud on Amazon. Ever try to buy a replacement battery or charger? Swamped by cheap Chinese garbage masquerading as the real thing - it's almost as bad as eBay. In some ways it's worse, eBay at least has seller ratings - a negative review is serious business. Amazon sellers don't give a toss.

I like Maplin, but it's a toss up. Some of the stuff they sell is garbage and some of the deals they have are great.

Registered+
    Thanks

I like amazon. They save a lot of time and energy!
    In addition, their customer service is a million light years in front of everyone else.
    Ease of end to end shopping experience (searching for goods, ordering, returning) will ensure they will always be a winner.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Whiternoise View Post
    There is a lot of crud on Amazon. Ever try to buy a replacement battery or charger? Swamped by cheap Chinese garbage masquerading as the real thing - it's almost as bad as eBay.
    Is that from Amazon direct or 3rd party sellers? I don't think that I've ever had anything but what I wanted when ordering straight from Amazon (or 3rd party sellers to be honest - but then, I am selective).

Delivery is one thing Japan does really, really well (in contrast, mobile phone contracts plain sucks - yeah, I just had to throw this in). On Amazon's end, Sunday delivery would cost about £2, same day delivery about £3 (I am sure there is a cut off time, but it's unthinkable in the UK at this price) for a DVD boxset (no idea if prices change with larger items, I've only ever used their free delivery service so I just added a random item in my shopping cart).

On top of that, the post office and couriers all offer free same day redelivery if you miss it. The better ones will redelivery between 8-9PM if you call them by 7PM. To top it off, my flat has some security boxes for parcels so most of the time I do not even need to arrange for redelivery. I actually order *rice* on Amazon.jp (mainly because the vast majority of Japanese prefer white to brown rice so they are pretty hard to acquire in the high street, and considerably more expensive)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information