Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: News - Windows 8 and 8.1 combined market share breaches 10%

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: News - Windows 8 and 8.1 combined market share breaches 10%

I upgraded to 8.1 and decided to do a COMPLETE factory setting reformat to get back to Win8. Lack of support for 8.1 caused this decision, not to mention the "Windows button" coming back completely flopped. Obviously Windows didn't understand the outcry for that button to be back. We didn't want to go back to the Windows 8 start screen; we wanted the original layout.

-_-

Iobit has my vote.

Regardless of what's above, I find Windows 8 to be a pretty great OS. It took some getting used to, I'll admit, but just like any human, we're unaccustomed to change.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shaithis View Post
    For every 8/8.1 hater I can find a lover

Much like almost every windows release

< 8.1 lover (and the more I dig and learn, the better it becomes...something the haters and reverters are missing out on - knowledge of the UI)
    I am both a w8 lover and hater. On my HTPC I love w8 (but refuse to use w8.1) but on my work computer I hate it. Interface just works for the HTPC but is hopeless without a touch screen for work

Thanks
    • Roobubba's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI P55 GD60
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 860 @ 3.58GHz (Megahalems + Apache)
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Patriot Viper DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 80GB Intel X25-M + bunch of HDDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 5870 + Earplugs.
      • PSU:
      • TAGAN 800W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li V1110 (bit disappointing)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 24" LCD (TN)
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20MBit

Quote Originally Posted by herulach View Post
    The best recent example is the ribbon. When it first came round I hated it, now I genuinely find it difficult to use old versions of office.
    I still use the older versions of Office, and am glad of it. That new menu format is so completely retarded and still results in everyone going 'how do I save?' or some other trivial thing. I simply cannot comprehend how anyone thought it was a good idea to hide all of the useful menu items in the most ridiculous and unintuitive fashion possible.

4. Received thanks from:

Phage (04-01-2014)

OilSheikh

I have so far commented how Windows 8.1 is crap by looking at Youtube videos and screenshots.
    Today, I actually used a i7 laptop that had Windows 8.1 and I am even more incensed!

-Start button does not bring Start Menu even in 8.1. It takes you to the Windows 3.1 tile page
    -Who invented the bs method of moving the mouse to the far top-right to be able to see Control Panel, etc.
    -No Aero ? Seriously ? After building something fantastic and lettting two editions of Windows, you decided to bin it MS ?
    -80's style web page view of every menu. e.g. Clicking on Wireless networks brings up a whole sidebar with purple background!

I am glad I didn't play around with this crap any longer and explore anything else

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information