• crossy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Sabertooth X99
      • CPU:
      • Intel 5830k / Noctua NH-D15
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 850Pro NVMe, 1TB Samsung 850EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 2TB WD Green, 8TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Strix GTX970OC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX750 (modular)
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster HAF932 (with wheels)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Ubuntu 16.04LTS
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG Flattron W2361V
      • Internet:
      • VirginMedia 200Mb

Re: News - EA gives away Dead Space for free via Origin

Quote Originally Posted by aidanjt View Post
    Already have Originless Dead Space, even if I didn't, still wouldn't be worth it.
    Don't agree for me* - I've got to have Origin for SimCity and BF3/4 anyway - so if EA are "giving" me something for free, then I'm going to say "thanks" and grab it. Don't care if it's a free-fix to get you to fork out for DLC or not, or whether it's "thank you/celebration" for not for winning the "worst company in USA" award.

Assuming it was a reasonable title which, from the comments here, it does seem to be.

Slightly confused over vSync or not to vSync though. Demonhighwayman says "on", but .havoc says "off".

(* and no - I'm definitely NOT recommending Origin. If you didn't have it before then I'd agree with you in that it's not worth being forced to install it for this game. Only saving grace of Origin is that it's less abysmal than uPlay)
    Last edited by crossy; 01-04-2014 at 10:10 AM.

Career status: still enjoying my new career in DevOps, but it's keeping me busy...

Thanks
    • .havoc's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Auros
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 2700x
      • Memory:
      • 32Gb DDR4 @ 2993mhz
      • Storage:
      • Plextor m2 / Samsung 850 pro / Crucial M4
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 1080ti
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 1500w
      • Case:
      • Caselabs Bullet BH8
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • 1x 24in 1440p 165hz, 1x 1080p 144hz
      • Internet:
      • 220mb

Quote Originally Posted by crossy View Post
    Don't agree for me* - I've got to have Origin for SimCity and BF3/4 anyway - so if EA are "giving" me something for free, then I'm going to say "thanks" and grab it. Don't care if it's a free-fix to get you to fork out for DLC or not, or whether it's "thank you/celebration" for not for losing the "worst company in USA" award.

Assuming it was a reasonable title which, from the comments here, it does seem to be.

Slightly confused over vSync or not to vSync though. Demonhighwayman says "on", but .havoc says "off".

(* and no - I'm definitely NOT recommending Origin. If you didn't have it before then I'd agree with you in that it's not worth being forced to install it for this game. Only saving grace of Origin is that it's less abysmal than uPlay)
    I actually misread his quote - didnt realise he said on.

For me, with Vsync on through the in game settings, it creates a terrible lag on mouse input. You can tell even on the menu screen - just flip it off and your mouse speed and menu navigation is so much smoother. Otherwise your turn speed is massively hindered - which is a particular problem when you get jumped from behind. But the game is a bit graphically flawed in terms of integration which is why you DO need vsync - but force it through Nvidia control panel or CCC rather than the games version.

That make more sense?

Registered+
    Thanks

Well, can't say no to free stuff, I think my brother will still be happy with this. I have finished the game and thought it to be pretty good...

This is probably to celebrate the fact that they were knocked out of the "Worst Company In America" very recently after having "Won" it the last two years in a row.
    You might be on to something here, but isn't it weird to celebrate not being last?

Anthropomorphic Personification shaithis's Avatar
    Thanks
    • shaithis's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77 WS
      • CPU:
      • i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • 32GB HyperX 1866
      • Storage:
      • Lots!
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Fury X
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX850
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T (White)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2 x Dell 3007
      • Internet:
      • Zen 80Mb Fibre

A few more of these and they may convert some of the "say no to origin" folk. I can understand not liking EA but everyone and their dog want a slice of Valves Steam pie, you can't expect everyone to release on steam (while paying Valve for the privilege)

I now have Steam, Origin, uPlay, Capsule and Arc installed on my PC....the time of resisting content delivery systems is over
    Main PC: Asus Rampage IV Extreme / 3960X@4.5GHz / Antec H1200 Pro / 32GB DDR3-1866 Quad Channel / Sapphire Fury X / Areca 1680 / 850W EVGA SuperNOVA Gold 2 / Corsair 600T / 2x Dell 3007 / 4 x 250GB SSD + 2 x 80GB SSD / 4 x 1TB HDD (RAID 10) / Windows 10 Pro, Yosemite & Ubuntu
    HTPC: AsRock Z77 Pro 4 / 3770K@4.2GHz / 24GB / GTX 1080 / SST-LC20 / Antec TP-550 / Hisense 65k5510 4K TV / HTC Vive / 2 x 240GB SSD + 12TB HDD Space / Race Seat / Logitech G29 / Win 10 Pro
    HTPC2: Asus AM1I-A / 5150 / 4GB / Corsair Force 3 240GB / Silverstone SST-ML05B + ST30SF / Samsung UE60H6200 TV / Windows 10 Pro
    Spare/Loaner: Gigabyte EX58-UD5 / i950 / 12GB / HD7870 / Corsair 300R / Silverpower 700W modular
    NAS 1: HP N40L / 12GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Arrays || NAS 2: Dell PowerEdge T110 II / 24GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Hybrid arrays || Network:Buffalo WZR-1166DHP w/DD-WRT + HP ProCurve 1800-24G
    Laptop: Dell Precision 5510 Printer: HP CP1515n || Phone: Huawei P30 || Other: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Pro 10.1 CM14 / Playstation 4 + G29 + 2TB Hybrid drive

Gentoo Ricer
    Thanks
    • aidanjt's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Strix Z370-G
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7-8700K
      • Memory:
      • 2x8GB Corsiar LPX 3000C15
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 960 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
      • PSU:
      • EVGA G3 750W
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define C Mini
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus MG279Q
      • Internet:
      • 240mbps Virgin Cable

Quote Originally Posted by shaithis View Post
    I can understand not liking EA but everyone and their dog want a slice of Valves Steam pie, you can't expect everyone to release on steam (while paying Valve for the privilege)
    I can. I don't mind them pitching Origin as a choice, but I detest being coerced into using it via exclusivity arrangements. I'd sooner download EA games than go that route. But they haven't really turned out anything even worth downloading, so there's that, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent View Post
    ...every time Creative bring out a new card range their advertising makes it sound like they have discovered a way to insert a thousand Chuck Norris super dwarfs in your ears...

Thanks

You must turn on V-sync in order to proceed; you may need to restart the game.
    PS: I made an account just to answer your question because I found this very frustrating before I discovered the answer.

7. Received thanks from:

crossy (01-04-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kopite View Post
    I started playing this a while ago.

I came to a doorway and couldnt work out how to open it (I had a weapon of some sort) I was like 10 minutes in and gave up lol
    You must turn on V-sync in order to proceed; you may need to restart the game.
    PS: I made an account just to answer your question because I found this very frustrating before I discovered the answer.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crossy View Post
    Don't agree for me* - I've got to have Origin for SimCity and BF3/4 anyway - so if EA are "giving" me something for free, then I'm going to say "thanks" and grab it. Don't care if it's a free-fix to get you to fork out for DLC or not, or whether it's "thank you/celebration" for not for losing the "worst company in USA" award.

The game will not allow you to proceed in certain areas without v-sync. And the game won't function as well with a mouse and keyboard without v-sync, unless you have an xbox controller.

Thanks
    • crossy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Sabertooth X99
      • CPU:
      • Intel 5830k / Noctua NH-D15
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 850Pro NVMe, 1TB Samsung 850EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 2TB WD Green, 8TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Strix GTX970OC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX750 (modular)
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster HAF932 (with wheels)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Ubuntu 16.04LTS
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG Flattron W2361V
      • Internet:
      • VirginMedia 200Mb

Quote Originally Posted by Greenssteel View Post
    The game will not allow you to proceed in certain areas without v-sync. And the game won't function as well with a mouse and keyboard without v-sync, unless you have an xbox controller.
    XBox controller? Tick.

Actually looking at the Wikipedia coverage of the story and not sure that it's "for me", sounds too much like hard work!

Says the guy who's spent (according to Raptr) 48 hours playing SimCity in the last two weeks.

Career status: still enjoying my new career in DevOps, but it's keeping me busy...

Thanks
    • .havoc's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Auros
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 2700x
      • Memory:
      • 32Gb DDR4 @ 2993mhz
      • Storage:
      • Plextor m2 / Samsung 850 pro / Crucial M4
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 1080ti
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 1500w
      • Case:
      • Caselabs Bullet BH8
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • 1x 24in 1440p 165hz, 1x 1080p 144hz
      • Internet:
      • 220mb

Quote Originally Posted by Greenssteel View Post

I disabled the in game Vsync to remove the mouse lag and enabled it though the Nvidia drivers and i got through the game flawlessly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information