Quote Originally Posted by Nezbert View Post
I wonder if it would run Linux? It'd make a good Lubuntu PC for browsing in bed.
As soon as they put the details back I'll take a look. I suspect that if the answer is no then it'll be WLAN card or some BIOS lockdown that's to blame, (not sure if Microsoft's cheap Windows deal means lock out of everything else). Failing that I can check if anyone in the HP labs has got it working - I strongly suspect that there'll be at least two or three of the "usual suspects" in the HP open source community who are looking at it for the same reason as you. Maybe even as a possible Linux-powered adjunct to their desktop - more portable than a laptop but more usable than a tablet.

I've seen a couple of the articles state that the Stream 14 is very similar in spec to the Chromebook 14, and the Chromebook definitely is "Linux friendly" - with a quick Google search showing instructions for Arch, Debian, Fedora, Mint and Ubuntu all available. As the cliché says ... watch this space.

Disclaimer: although I work for HP, don't blame me for HPUX, laptops, servers, printers or tablets