Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Microsoft Windows 10 launch celebrations in 13 world cities

Thanks

Re: Microsoft Windows 10 launch celebrations in 13 world cities

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoLS View Post
    We disagree. Simple as that. That $794 million was for not including a browser choice in a service pack... so yes, I think they'd do worse to MS for violating licenses.
    Yea what a big impact that had 14 years afterwards.

Anyone that can read can see exactly what Mr. Kelly said. It wasn't semantics, or a poor choice of wording. He claimed his information was from a leak on another website. Either it was, and he gave the wrong site, or it wasn't, and he has some credibility issues. Given some of his other articles, I'm going with b. You're free to interpret things however you choose. Isn't life grand?
    Except you it seems as at first you said that Mr. Kelly offers nothing but his word he has viewed some slides - and it seems he's the only person in the world to view them, and then when that was proven not to be the case you changed tack and decided to call him out of his use of the word "leak", then you go on to claim that he gave the wrong site when the only site he mentions in the opinion piece is the ComputerWorld site who originally found the slides on the Microsoft investor site.

So can we at least agree that Mr. Kelly wasn't the only person in the world to view these slides as you first claimed, or are you going to carry on casting aspersions because someone doesn't share the same world view as you personally?

I'm not going to play the circular argument game, and I'm not going to be backed into a corner trying to defend a company I have flatly stated that I do not care to defend. I neither need nor desire your approval of my views. Either you'll upgrade, or you won't. That decision was never going to be based on anything I posted one way or the other. And on the other side of that kool-aid equation are those that are drunk on the hater-aid. Are you willing to be placed in that position publicly? If not, I would be pleased if you'd stop trying to put me in the other camp. This is, I think, the second time you've done so. Personal attacks are, at best, the last offense of the petty. How about we avoid pettiness?
    If you don't care to defend them then why do so?

It's all well and good taking umbrage at what you perceive as personal attack, but perhaps you should re-read your post before accusing others, would not consider accusing people of fear, uncertainty and doubt, that their posting misinformation when the very company that should be providing that information is refusing to do so, claiming screenshots are fake when you have no evidence to base that accusation on, would you not consider those petty, are those not personal attacks.

At the end of the day the burden of proof is on Microsoft and their absence of evidence, the lack of evidence to the contrary, less than two week before release is entirely their choice but as I said before Microsoft also has a responsibility to convey that information to customers so they can make educated decisions and right now, for whatever reason, that’s not the case.
    Last edited by Corky34; 15-07-2015 at 09:39 AM.

Thanks

Reading your linked Forbes 'article' says nothing about the same 30day FUD that was started a couple of weeks ago
    It may not be in the EULA but the 30days does seem to be in the RTM build.
    http://www.techradar.com/news/softwa...or-you-1299430
    I guess it just means it's going to keeps the files needed to downgrade around for 30days, at least I hope that's what it means.

Thanks
    • GuidoLS's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5Q Pro
      • CPU:
      • C2Q 9550 stock
      • Memory:
      • 8gb Corsair
      • Storage:
      • 2x1tb Hitachi 7200's, WD Velociraptor 320gb primary
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia 9800GT
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750w
      • Case:
      • Antec 900
      • Operating System:
      • Win10/Slackware Linux dual box
      • Monitor(s):
      • Viewsonic 24" 1920x1080
      • Internet:
      • AT&T U-Verse 12mb

I'm not entirely sure how he got that setup, TBH - I upgraded from a virgin Win 7 install, and this is my recovery page from 10240 -

Note that it offers to allow you to revert to a prior build? That's a prior preview build, and there's a questionnaire involved, etc.

I don't know which version he's running - the watermark is gone with this update. I don't know that that matters, either.

Regardless, the only thing that effects is rolling back from within windows. The EULA clearly states you can re-install from scratch for as long as the prior version is supported by MS, which is 2020 for Win7 and 2023 for 8.1 - and rolling back is about as smart a move as is upgrading over an old OS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information