Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intel's principal engineer quits for 'new adventures'

The late but legendary peterb - Onward and Upward peterb's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Intel's principal engineer quits for 'new adventures'

Quote Originally Posted by Otherhand View Post
    But in this case, the guy literally designs the best consumer CPUs in the world. The phrase "sit down" has never been more applicable.
    Well, in practice he is head of a design team - no one person can design every aspect of a complex processor, although he may come up with the concepts etc.

And as for 'best' it depends on what your criteria of 'best' is. Best performance, best power consumption figures, best efficiency, best value for money? So many criteria which is why the Intel and AMD fan boys continue to slug it out across the internet.

In reality, mfrs will choose the processor that meets the technical specs for a given application. Personally, I'm delighted to see competition in the CPU market because it drives innovation and keeps prices under control, and so I'm pleased to see AMD have developed what appears to be a viable option for high end machines.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Been helped or just 'Like' a post? Use the Thanks button!
    My broadband speed - 750 Meganibbles/minute

2. Received thanks from:

Saracen (25-07-2017)

ETR316

Re: Intel's principal engineer quits for 'new adventures'

I'm sure everyone will jump on me for saying this. But the timing is odd or convenient depending on how you look at his departure, considering the fubar he over saw with the latest hyper threading issue. How could he not have known about that major problem? good riddance quitter!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information