Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 17 to 19 of 19

Thread: By 2020 all new Jaguars will be electric or hybrid cars

  1. #17
    RGB Champion Ttaskmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    3,050
    Thanks
    86
    Thanked
    258 times in 225 posts
    • Ttaskmaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock X79 Extreme4-M
      • CPU:
      • i7 3930K o/c to 4.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • 16GB 1866MHz DDR3 Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer G&R
      • Storage:
      • Samsung Evo 120GB and Seagate Baracuda 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte G1 GTX980Ti
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 1000W
      • Case:
      • Corsair Carbide 500R
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Iiyama ProLite E2773HS
      • Internet:
      • BT 0.7Mbps 'In The Sticks' version

    Re: By 2020 all new Jaguars will be electric or hybrid cars

    Quote Originally Posted by ik9000 View Post
    what, good sir, have you been smoking?
    I recall it was the fashionable thing in the '50s, for women driving little 2-seater convertibles to wear either or often both a headscarf and big sunglasses. Some kind of iconic look, saw it in movies a lot and in adverts even today.

    http://l7.alamy.com/zooms/0ed8bde137...50s-f05cj0.jpg

    https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/456552480953366241/

    https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/343118065349129675/

  2. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,154
    Thanks
    977
    Thanked
    518 times in 404 posts
    • ik9000's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P7H55-M/USB3
      • CPU:
      • i7-870, Prolimatech Megahalems, 2x Akasa Apache 120mm
      • Memory:
      • 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 11-11-11-27
      • Storage:
      • 2x256GB Samsung 840-Pro, 1TB Seagate 7200.12, 1TB Seagate ES.2
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB SuperOverClocked
      • PSU:
      • NZXT Hale 90 750w
      • Case:
      • BitFenix Survivor + Bitfenix spectre LED fans, LG BluRay R/W optical drive
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2311h 1920x1080
      • Internet:
      • 200Mb/s Fibre and 4G wifi

    Re: By 2020 all new Jaguars will be electric or hybrid cars

    Quote Originally Posted by Ttaskmaster View Post
    I recall it was the fashionable thing in the '50s, for women driving little 2-seater convertibles to wear either or often both a headscarf and big sunglasses. Some kind of iconic look, saw it in movies a lot and in adverts even today.

    http://l7.alamy.com/zooms/0ed8bde137...50s-f05cj0.jpg

    https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/456552480953366241/

    https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/343118065349129675/
    most of those in the pinterest are Merc SLKs, the alamy is a VW convertible. The list of E-type owners is a broad sweep of the 60s+ celebrities, sportsmen, musicians, actors, etc including George Best, Peter Sellers (for Brit Ekland), Bridgit Bardot, Steve McQueen, Tony Curtis, George Harrison, Charlton Heston, Jayne Mansfield, Keith Richards, Johnny Prescott, Michelle Phillips, Donald Campbell, John Barry, Roy Orbison, David Janssen etc etc. It was the fastest road car of its time and a status symbol like no other. Just because women drove it does not dent its reputation as a sports car, iconic design or superb piece of engineering. Even a cursory wiki browse will give you some appreciation for the number of innovations that that came with the E-type and helped spur the industry to progress things.

  3. #19
    RGB Champion Ttaskmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    3,050
    Thanks
    86
    Thanked
    258 times in 225 posts
    • Ttaskmaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock X79 Extreme4-M
      • CPU:
      • i7 3930K o/c to 4.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • 16GB 1866MHz DDR3 Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer G&R
      • Storage:
      • Samsung Evo 120GB and Seagate Baracuda 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte G1 GTX980Ti
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 1000W
      • Case:
      • Corsair Carbide 500R
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Iiyama ProLite E2773HS
      • Internet:
      • BT 0.7Mbps 'In The Sticks' version

    Re: By 2020 all new Jaguars will be electric or hybrid cars

    Quote Originally Posted by ik9000 View Post
    most of those in the pinterest are Merc SLKs, the alamy is a VW convertible.
    And all driven by the sort of woman I was talking about, though...

    Quote Originally Posted by ik9000 View Post
    Just because women drove it does not dent its reputation as a sports car, iconic design or superb piece of engineering. Even a cursory wiki browse will give you some appreciation for the number of innovations that that came with the E-type and helped spur the industry to progress things.
    But it still looks like 'the sort of car that should only be driven by..... etc'.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •