Quote Originally Posted by globalwarning View Post
A single benchmark isn't remotely representative of a device's relative performance. I linked to that because it's, by far, the most comprehensive clearing house for looking at the relative performance of GPUs based on a evidence from reviews across the web. "If you want a cards rank changed you must provide benchmarks or other evidence to back it up." It's updated regularly, with ongoing dialogue. Go back and look at the list in the forum, educate yourself, and then try replying.

Regardless, you seem to have confused the main point of my post, which is that the small price difference between (in particular aftermarket) 1070 Ti's and GTX 1080 (or V64's if you'd like) means it doesn't make sense to get a 1070 Ti instead of one of those, in most cases. The question was, 1070 Ti or Vega 56.
I did not link to a single benchmark, I linked to a summary of several games run on the latest drivers (none of which used vulkan) - for someone who expects other to educate themselves, you really ought to try reading first. You've still only provided a forum post, something made by someone who has not got their hands on the cards in question. The fact is, V64 is faster than an aftermarket overclocked 1080 (and cheaper!).

The top end 1070ti doesn't make sense against the 1080, or the V64, or a bottom rung 1070ti - it's not representative of the actual priceerformance ratio of the 1070ti

Quote Originally Posted by alsmith View Post
BIG -1 to Parm Mann
Fan the flames of the AMD/Intel debate and produce another easy way for the journalists to do no work. Ask a question but don't do anything more.
Without graphics card arguments, this forum would be at least 50% Zak33 talking about his latest lurgy