Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: QOTW: Which CPU cooler are you using?

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: QOTW: Which CPU cooler are you using?

I am using the all in one kraken x52 liquid cooler and it's keeping my gpu under 50C.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • johnniedoo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI 970 Gaming
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX8350 4.3Gz on air: CM 212 evo
      • Memory:
      • 16Gb GSkill DDR3 1600
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 860 EVO 250Gb; WD 6TB DUO CLOUD NAS,4x 1TB SAMSUNG SPINPOINT F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI RX 480 8Gb Gaming
      • PSU:
      • SeaSonic 750 G Series
      • Case:
      • CM HAF 922
      • Operating System:
      • WIN10 X64 Professional Insider Slow release
      • Monitor(s):
      • TCL ROKU 49S17 4k UltraHD; Samsung b2430hd, SamsungT260HD, LG 42ld550
      • Internet:
      • motorola docsis3.0 115mbps; Linksys E6800 /AC1750

Re: QOTW: Which CPU cooler are you using?

I have a few builds one for each room. I put Thermaltake AIO Water 3.0 performer on a fx8120 good for 4.2gz most of the time. had to cut it back to 4.0 for long 100% though windows 7 and this box cpu/cooler never overheat shutdown thermaltake is not the coldest option but works ok. a Fx8350 i kept the updated wraith but do not overclock it much. just adjust volts and run 4.2gz all the time ,no boost or anything.I do get heat shutdowns with handbrake after half hour or so. i do need to upgrade cooler. wraith is only ok. it's on a MSI970gaming board,not my favorite for what i had in mind but too old to invest more...use handbrake on my windows 10 machine... i use CM Hyper 212 i got years ago for my thuban x6 1080T @ a solid 4.0 or 3.96gz. i just put it back to 3.8gz after all these years. built that one in 2011 or 2012 and it keeps doing its thing. not the primary or go to.but i can run it days on end(Linux Mint 18.3. though power consumption is more and more an issue. am about to do a new. unfortunaely, i am not a very enthusiastic RGB color person. i like a couple of muted or subdued colors to accent the builds but not to overpower the room. i had to take out my MSI color software, i have a MSI480 gaming 8gb on the MSI board but do not like those ,fairly subdued too, color blink/throbbing . my fans had already had a little color for front and rear as did the psu.they clash. oh well time for a new build anyway. and i wanted to wait till amd had what i was looking for and had the same reasonable price points with competitive components. so far no good. crypto currency mining ruined the gpu market prices for too long lucky for me i didnt miss anything since my 480. 490 is a joke as was the 580(in terms of upgrade) i have not read anything good about the vega at all. maybe in 2019? my machines run what i have well. can run my 4k tv dolby vision hdr uhd whatever little interesting content i can get at least ..Underwhelmed in a word.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread Information