• Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

Re: Crucial releases Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB DDR4 Gaming Memory

Quote Originally Posted by me
    Go faster stripes for RAM which costs way too much even without the bling!! Yay!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoonigan
    Well, at least it's obvious where the "old, cenile and grumpy" corner of the internet is.
    Quote Originally Posted by me
    My response to show how absurd his statement was
    Quote Originally Posted by Ttaskmaster=walks into thread and does not read anything
    But then with such a string of free advertising posts from all the RGB haters, I suppose Crucial have no hope and will soon go bust, leaving the market open for the fewer brands to command even higher prices. Agh shame...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ttaskmaster=
    answer
    Yet,despite all your talking,you also ignore how he started insulting people calling them senile FIRST. Then you whine about wall of texts and then do exactly the same yourself.

Even HE said it was overpriced and had poor timings:

Quote Originally Posted by Hoonigan elsewhere
    Cons
    - Price
    - Standard timings could be tighter compared to competition

Out of the box performance and compatibility wasn’t even an issue, we saw results exactly where we expected and were perfectly happy with the results. Sadly, the slack timings did hamper performance ever so slightly, but nothing you would notice in day-to-day usage.

All of that being said, we do have some qualms about the price. £450 for 32GB of 3000MHz DDR4 is a touch on the pricey side. Alternative memory kits of equivalent capacity with equal or tighter timings are available at less cost. We may see launch pricing drop quickly, but be sure to look around for a good deal.
    I made sure his comment was repaid in full,for the utter absurdity of it all,which was made when people said it was overpriced for what it was. He even agreed,and then acted like a hypocrite for the sake of it.

Do you honestly think many of us have not used the non-RGB Ballistix DDR4 kits at all?? They are more budget orientated enthusiast RAM. They are perfectly fine but not at the cost of kits which are faster,have better timings and better chips.

So he is in agreement it costs too much and has meh timings,I think the same,a few other posters said the same,so what are you trying to achieve here?? We should pat Crucial on the back for releasing....something??

So keep ignoring it and do exactly what I said you were going to do:

Then to avoid even looking at the links,you use the good old "wall of text" argument so you can ignore it all,and then this will turn into a circular argument to obfuscate the original point
    So excuse make even more,and push yourself into a corner. Now I am just going to ignore you. Have fun arguing with yourself as I wasted enough time with you.
    Last edited by CAT-THE-FIFTH; 19-04-2018 at 05:09 PM.

Thanks
    • Ttaskmaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Aorus Master X670E
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 7800X3D
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair Dominator DDR5 6000MHz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung Evo 120GB and Seagate Baracuda 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Aorus Master 4090
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 1000W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li V3000 Plus
      • Operating System:
      • Win11
      • Monitor(s):
      • Gigabyte M32U
      • Internet:
      • 900Mbps Gigaclear WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CAT-THE-FIFTH who is not replying to me in this thread View Post
    Yet,despite all your talking,you also ignore how he started insulting people calling them senile FIRST.
    So what?
    If you want to take offense at his comments, that's your problem. Nothing to do with mine, here.

Quote Originally Posted by CAT-THE-FIFTH who is not replying to me in this thread View Post
    Even HE said it was overpriced and had poor timings:
    Again - So what?
    He said it elsewhere, according to you, which I've obviously won't see as it's not here and not relevant to the thread... and yet you hammer me for "not reading anything"?
    But again, who cares about the timings? This is clearly geared toward the RGB crowd, not the ultra-über-enthusiast crowd who insist every PC product sold should destroy 8-Packs records tenfold even at stock settings, or whatever you're angling for...

I made sure his comment was repaid in full,for the utter absurdity of it all
    Ah, right, so you're The Punisher, now, are you? Or are you more of a Judge Dredd? You do sound a bit like Stallone...

which was made when people said it was overpriced for what it was. He even agreed,and then acted like a hypocrite for the sake of it.
    Jeez, and they call me autistic???!!!
    Do you genuinely not get the jokes being made in the thread, here?

Do you honestly think many of us have not used the non-RGB Ballistix DDR4 kits at all?? They are more budget orientated enthusiast RAM.
    Do you also complain that there are faster, better sports cars than the Vauxhall Corsa 1.4L?
    Who said this was "enthusiast" RAM? It's sole selling feature is aesthetic customisation.

so what are you trying to achieve here??
    I'm starting to think that if you have to ask, you probably won't understand...

So excuse make even more,and push yourself into a corner. Now I am just going to ignore you. Have fun arguing with yourself.
    Do yourself a favour, kid, and put me on permanent ignore, yeh.

Spreadie

This thread:

4. Received thanks from:

CAT-THE-FIFTH (19-04-2018)

Thanks
    • Hoonigan's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI MEG X570 ACE
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB
      • Storage:
      • 2x 2TB Gigabyte NVMe 4.0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3070Ti Gaming Pro
      • PSU:
      • be quiet! Straight Power 11 Platinum 750W
      • Case:
      • Corsair Crystal Series 680X
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer Predator Z35P + ASUS ROG PG279Q
      • Internet:
      • Giganet (City Fibre) 900/900

If we all chose form over function, the roads would be littered with Dacia Sanderos and Renault Twizzys, but sometimes people spend more, much more, on cars that do very little extra, or sometimes less.

The RAM looks awesome and performs reasonably well. Can we leave it at that?

Thanks
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

Quote Originally Posted by Hoonigan View Post
    If we all chose form over function, the roads would be littered with Dacia Sanderos and Renault Twizzys, but sometimes people spend more, much more, on cars that do very little extra, or sometimes less.

The RAM looks awesome and performs reasonably well. Can we leave it at that?
    But the issue,is if I can get faster/lower latency Samsung B-die based RAM with the RGB stuff and fancy heatsinks,for similar money,or less money,Crucial needs to drop the price.

Its not like a number of those kits I linked to are colourless,non-RGB monstrosities which are beige coloured. They are well regarded kits which I have seen enthusiasts on forums get good results out of,and I am sure they don't want colourless bland RAM in their windowed builds?

I have used the bog standard Crucial Ballistix DDR4 RAM(which this is based on) and its pefectly fine even with a bit of overclocking,but as you even noted the timings and cost are too high,and this is what I was pointing out,and in general you rarely see me criticise Crucial products as they are solid and generally reliable,but this one needs a decent price drop,since it is highly competitive out there.

Edit!!

Best to agree to disagree on this.
    Last edited by CAT-THE-FIFTH; 19-04-2018 at 07:33 PM.

Thanks
    • Ttaskmaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Aorus Master X670E
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 7800X3D
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair Dominator DDR5 6000MHz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung Evo 120GB and Seagate Baracuda 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Aorus Master 4090
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 1000W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li V3000 Plus
      • Operating System:
      • Win11
      • Monitor(s):
      • Gigabyte M32U
      • Internet:
      • 900Mbps Gigaclear WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CAT-THE-FIFTH View Post
    But the issue,is if I can get faster/lower latency Samsung B-die based RAM with the RGB stuff and fancy heatsinks,for similar money,or less money,Crucial needs to drop the price.
    No they don't - You're a Hexus-staple RGB-hating Enthusiast, so you should go buy the non-RGB Enthusiast RAM.
    If you were a semi-average gamer who doesn't need to squeeze every single fraction of a hertz out of your kit in order to be happy, and fancies adding a bit of colour to your otherwise dull, boring black box then Balistix TT is the RAM for you.

They've targeted their market well and priced accordingly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information