Thread: 1MORE shows off innovative headphones

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

1MORE shows off innovative headphones

New at the CES were the True Wireless ENC with dual-drivers and Qualcomm 5121 SoC.
    Read more.

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: 1MORE shows off innovative headphones

This is very interesting to me. I've been waiting for a more well-known brand to create IEM bluetooth headphones for quite some time. I pretty much received the airpods on day one and after trying 5-10 other BT iem's they are the only ones that i've really enjoyed. (even the EOS earbuds didn't appeal to me)

Thanks
    • Iota's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus Hero XI
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i9 9900KF
      • Memory:
      • CMD32GX4M2C3200C16
      • Storage:
      • 1 x 1TB / 3 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX1200i
      • Case:
      • Corsair Obsidian 500D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung Odyssey G9
      • Internet:
      • 500Mbps BT FTTH

I just have odd ears, can never get buds to stay in. Hence I prefer over the ear headphones (added bonus of keeping my ears warm...)

Show Jumper ! Word..
    Thanks
    • Andi-C's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus GENE V
      • CPU:
      • i7 3770k under a H110i (4.6)
      • Memory:
      • 16GB (4x4gb) Corsair 1800 DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 840 Pro 256gb - Sandisk ultra 1T
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI Gaming 1080ti
      • PSU:
      • Be Quiet Dark power Pro 850W
      • Case:
      • Corsair D350
      • Operating System:
      • Window 10 pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • SG2716 (2560 x 1440) 144hz
      • Internet:
      • Zen ADSL2+

Looks impressive for a lot of tech & the drivers in one ear alone, though you cant beat Anker Bluetooth Headphones for £18.99 !

Thanks
    • EvilCycle's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS ROG MAXIMUS IX HERO
      • CPU:
      • Intel I7 7700K (OC to 4.8GHz on Corsair H100i V2)
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3000MHz
      • Storage:
      • WD Blue SN550 1TB NVMe SSD, Samsung 840 evo 120GB SSD + 2 x 500GB 72000rpm HDD's
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 XTREME
      • PSU:
      • DEEPCOOL DQ 750st
      • Case:
      • Corsair Obsidian Series 750D Airflow Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" 1440p 60hz AOC q2778vqe
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 380Mb (Fibre Optic)

Wireless headphones that still have... ...wires.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EvilCycle View Post
    Wireless headphones that still have... ...wires.
    More inviting as a purchase to me, though. The more truly wireless buds look like an accident waiting to happen, whereas these answer my only real problems I have with wired phones: the cable getting snagged on my clothes and door handles, and the thudding/scraping sounds of friction against the cable obscuring the music in my ears.

Thanks
    • Ulti's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B550I Gaming Edge
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • Kingston 32GB HyperX 3200Mhz
      • Storage:
      • Corsair MP510 1920GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti FE
      • PSU:
      • SilverStone SX500-LG V2.0
      • Case:
      • SSUPD Meshlicious
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • AOC Agon AG322QC4 31.5"
      • Internet:
      • TalkTalk Fibre 150Mb

I personally had the Zolo (Anker) Liberty+ which are "TWS" earphones meaning true wireless stereo, i.e. no wires a la Airpods. They boasted a 50h battery life case too which meant I pretty much charged them only once every few weeks (1.5h journey each day, 3h per day, 15h per week).

I must admit I had dropped them a few times when taking them out of the case or sometimes when popping them back in the case but they have never fallen out of my ears.

Unfortunately though, the master ear piece dropped as I was waiting for the tube and it being the morning, I was too slow to do anything and just watched it bounce and roll onto the tube tracks... RIP.

I guess that would deter most people from buying TWS earphones but they are just so convenient I can't wait to grab another pair. My main issue was that whilst the Liberty+ were good, they weren't amazing. Sound quality didn't compare to the high end IEMs, it still had the outdated micro-USB connection plus isolation wasn't as good as over ear IEMs. Perhaps the biggest issue with them were the terrible mics - something that plagues pretty much all bluetooth earphones. Even ones with a wire between them with the mic on a controller unit seem to have the same issue (must admit I haven't tried THAT many bluetooth earphones but I've certainly tried a fair number of them). The earphones themselves had roughly 3h of battery life which whilst fine for short commutes and flights, was not long enough for the odd day of long errands/shopping/flights etc.

I've read some good reviews about the RHA TrueConnect so I've been tempted to get them as they tick the USB-C box plus I've generally found RHA earphones pretty good on the sound quality side but so far I've managed to resist as the isolation doesn't look like it'll be amazing and whilst 5h battery + 20h from the case seem decent, they just don't seem good enough for me to jump on. I'm not a massive fan of the Airpod-esque design either but that may help with the microphone.

The Penta Driver looks beautiful from an aesthetic point of view but I'm not too interested in going back to a wired design.

The True Wireless ENC sound very attractive with a 7h battery + 24h battery case but I'm personally not too interested in the smart health and smart assistant functions and would have preferred a version without them at a lower price or for the space required for them to have been dedicated for something else such as noise cancellation. I can't imagine how the touted "ENC (environmental noise cancellation) mic" will work on the earphones as your mouth will be quite from from the earphones but if it somehow works, then I will be VERY interested as it looks to tick all the boxes of what I'm after. At $149 I would not be surprised if they turn up on our side of the pond for £149 but I've seen 1More stuff discounted on Amazon every now and then.

I can't see their Indiegogo campaign for the True Wireless ENC's yet but if they offer a good enough discount for being an early adopter/supporter, I may just agree to pledge.

Whew, that ended up as a wall of text...

Thread Information