• Lian-Li PC70B
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • 40mbit Sky Fibre

Re: AMD Ryzen 3000 series CPU with 16 cores leaks

Quote Originally Posted by simonpreston View Post
    That is available now if you so wish.

The 1700s (also 8c/16t) now down to ~£140 - now THAT is insane, for what you're getting.
    Oh ya they're grand, and fantastic for the price, but they just don't have the oomph, be it the clock speed or the ability of said clock. These new ones will not only match Intel's out of the box speeds, but their IPC too. Or pretty damn close. Realistically I reckon they'll still just come short, clock for clock, because Intel always seem to just do that teeny bit better. But considering they're charging, what, 2.5x as much ? £500 for the top end i7! And that pricing is why I'm so keen to get these - Intel really peed me off pushing it so high, it truly disgusted me.

That being said, I need them to be my saviour in the graphics space, because nvidia also has me fuming, charging twice as much for 30% performance improvement over the 1080Ti, just because they're trying to ram a technology down our throats that isn't even fit for at least another 3 gens (at least)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tunnah View Post
    Oh ya they're grand, and fantastic for the price, but they just don't have the oomph, be it the clock speed or the ability of said clock. These new ones will not only match Intel's out of the box speeds, but their IPC too. Or pretty damn close. Realistically I reckon they'll still just come short, clock for clock, because Intel always seem to just do that teeny bit better. But considering they're charging, what, 2.5x as much ? £500 for the top end i7! And that pricing is why I'm so keen to get these - Intel really peed me off pushing it so high, it truly disgusted me.

That being said, I need them to be my saviour in the graphics space, because nvidia also has me fuming, charging twice as much for 30% performance improvement over the 1080Ti, just because they're trying to ram a technology down our throats that isn't even fit for at least another 3 gens (at least)
    This has been happening on both NV's and Intels side for last couple of years as AMD regrouped. Now they have managed a decent comeback on the cpu side but no so much the gfx side yet. I have a mixture of AMD and Intel systems but almost exclusively AMD gfx because 99.9% of the time I get better performance for less. And I then have at least a bit of common ground regarding drivers if any issues come up. Works for me...
    Old puter - still good enuff till I save some pennies!

Thanks
    • DanceswithUnix's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus X470-PRO
      • CPU:
      • 5900X
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 3200MHz ECC
      • Storage:
      • 2TB Linux, 2TB Games (Win 10)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Strix RX Vega 56
      • PSU:
      • 650W Corsair TX
      • Case:
      • Antec 300
      • Operating System:
      • Fedora 39 + Win 10 Pro 64 (yuk)
      • Monitor(s):
      • Benq XL2730Z 1440p + Iiyama 27" 1440p
      • Internet:
      • Zen 900Mb/900Mb (CityFibre FttP)

Quote Originally Posted by Corky34 View Post
    Speaking of cache AMD have said the number of cache entries per core have increased (from 2048 to ???), i assume that means the cache size has increased but as I'm a little unclear if the number of cache entries is related to size I'm not entirely sure, would you or anyone else happen to know?
    That's in the uOP cache, so yes it is a straight increase in cache size in the translation layer from 1970's Intel inspired gibberish into something a modern CPU can actually work with. Shame it is needed

4. Received thanks from:

Corky34 (13-05-2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information