• PC-LAD's system
      • Motherboard:
      • X370 GT7
      • CPU:
      • R5 3600 @ 4.3GHz
      • Memory:
      • 4*4 GB TG Delta @2933
      • Storage:
      • 128gb Sandisk SSD plus, 1tb SeaGate Barracuda, 640GB WD Black, 500gb WD Blue sata ssd
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RX 580 8GB
      • PSU:
      • Evga G+650w
      • Case:
      • MasterBox 5 Lite TemG
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • MSI Optix G24C
      • Internet:
      • 10 up 70 Down

Re: NAND Flash memory prices could rise 40 per cent this year

Quote Originally Posted by blokeinkent View Post
    Can somebody start a whip around for nobodyspecial please? His keyboard seems to have developed a sticky CAPS LOCK and will need replacing. Also the private counselling fees he'll occur once he realises he's a Trumpite
    He speaks for all Storm Trumpers as they're all nobodyspecial.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nobodyspecial View Post
    China, the way to make your favorite hated company honest...LOL. Dumbest statement of the year? Bill Clinton let them into the WTO, and they've systematically destroyed tons of businesses because of it. NO, try something else please. Block ALL things China and bankrupt them. Any country doing business with China now pays higher tariffs to sell to USA. Punish everyone until china has NO business partners.

The less business you do with china, the better off YOU and your country are. PERIOD. It is bad enough they steal you blind, no point in helping them kill your economy. They can't get it done by stealing alone (can't win tech that way, it evolves too fast), so pressure must be put on all allies to avoid china. Forget the EASY quick buck today, as it will cost you ALL your bucks in the future when they OWN you after bankrupting your economy. I'm more than happy to pay a little sting for a few years until we make EVERYTHING china used to make for us (which by the way we USED to make ourselves anyway...LOL). Keep going Trump, bring back the 70,000 factories they killed and make it so NOBODY can ever go back there without BRUTAL govt fines, IRS up your butt, etc etc. Make it IMPOSSIBLE financially to build anything in china (they must import it all or die from USA, no USA plants in china!).

If you don't understand who china is at this point, you haven't read their PLAN. Google it, they aren't afraid of telling you they are going to OWN you soon (and trade routes, etc). Fight them now with money, pressure, or fight for REAL in a decade or two with massive bloodshed. Or heck, attack now, while we can knock their entire air force down with F35's without being seen, then have our way with them bombing until no military/govt buildings are left. Then tell them welcome to your new country, we suggest a republic with our constitution, if you are brave enough to keep them (kill all lobbyists daily, term limits enforced, makes the job easier). Heck just make it a felony to be a lobbyist. Done. Or, ok, you can be one, just can't pay ANYONE money. Lobby all you want, but if you write a check after doing it, death. That way, congress does what the people voted them to do instead of what the highest bidder told them to do.

I could go all day about rules for THEM (god knows they've made enough rules that only govern US, and do NOT apply to them), but it's 1am and they don't listen anyway...Duh, it's the checks. Just make sure if you start the war trump, end it in weeks by bombing until it's over (don't have to claim war even for what 60 days? It can be over in a month if you just bomb all day). No more decade+ wars because people don't get that WAR IS HELL. Kill massively and quickly, and come home alive because you don't give a rats behind about THEM or how many you have to hit to get the bad guys. Forget surgical strikes. That takes decades. During Iraq war, we flew 100K sorties in a month. Make that look like child's play in a sandbox and it will be over in weeks. 400K sorties in a month. War over. Or get ready for another MAO time, where 30-80mil die again. Learn history, you'll like USA a lot more than China

Oh well HAPPY NEW YEAR. Hope you guys get a real Brexit this year.

Re: Watercooled - many good points here. As an owner of a lot of MU, I'm not buying half the stuff in this post either Lots of claims, but not sure who's claiming all this crap. Links to data for all the dubious stuff please. I'd love to believe this article, but I can't build a case to prove this article today. I can build watercooled case though and it wouldn't be too difficult. There is a lot of public knowledge out there as OP said. This isn't rocket science, and is highly documented quarterly by many paywalls (which filters out to us all at some point to some extent). That said, recovery does come, ALWAYS in this sector. Classic boom bust, but quicker recovery today due to many more on tech and many more things chewing up data.
    Are you joking?
    America never picks a war with a country that can actually fight back, and believe me that if pushed the Chinese really can fight back.

Thanks
    • mtyson's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-B85M-HD3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 4790T
      • Memory:
      • 12GB
      • Storage:
      • Sandisk 128GB SSD + Kingston 500GB SSD + NAS etc
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Radeon RX 580 Nitro+
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 430W
      • Case:
      • Zalman Z9 Plus
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • AOC 31.5-inch VA QHD monitor
      • Internet:
      • 100MB Virgin fibre

"Kioxia Yokkaichi factory catches fire, NAND Flash prices may soar"

https://finance.technews.tw/2020/01/...-factory-fire/

Quote from above news story Google translated from Chinese: "According to the client's notice from Kioxia, at 6:10 a.m. on January 7, 2020, a fire broke out at the Fab6 factory in Yokkaichi, Mie Prefecture, Japan, although the fire was quickly extinguished without causing any casualties. The cause of the fire and the damage to the production equipment of the factory are still under investigation and statistics."

Thanks

Yawn. More sensationalism.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/15350...ab-hit-by-fire

We expect any supply impact to be minimal, and will provide updates as appropriate

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Caimbeul2000's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z170X-Ultra Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i7 6700K
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3000
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 1070Ti
      • Operating System:
      • Win10 Pro

Within a couple of days of this article being published and me thinking to buy the 512Gb ADATA something pro (the fast gaming one) because it was only £59 practically everywhere, i log on this morning to take the plunge and its now £79 everywhere. looks like i wont be upgrading then... just my luck.

edit = typo

Thanks

No doubt there will be some profiteering by retailers, but that has nothing to do with any of these issues, at least not directly. Commodity NAND price fluctuations would take months to appear in retail products.

On Amazon, the 860 Evo 1TB is roughly £116 today vs £129 a day or two ago. The MX500 500GB has also just dropped in price according to camelcamelcamel.

Was the drive you were looking at a PCIe one or SATA? The MX500 is currently £52.50 and a NVMe drive, the Corsair MP510 480GB is currently £69 which is a good price for a fast NVMe drive, but the 1TB model is arguably better value at £120.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information