Quote Originally Posted by MrRockliffe View Post
I own a Surface Book 2 15 inch, specced out apart from the SSD. A couple of changes I'd want to see:

-> Software issues, of which there are many. Display disconnects from the keyboard when the hinge is moved, palm rejection when drawing with the pen is terrible at best....
-> Battery life - I have NEVER been able to achieve anywhere near 17.5 hours. Even with the laptop in low power (not power saver), screen low, I might just make it to 8 or 9. It's about on par with my 2017 15 inch MBP I had before.
-> Speakers - they hiss a lot if the volume is on and they're pretty poor sound otherwise. I consume a lot of media on my laptop.
-> Headphone jack - location is on the top right of the display, so when using it as a laptop, headphone wire hangs over the keyboard/trackpad and in front of the display.
-> Trackpad - it's excellent, just wish it was bigger.
-> Charging under load - to put it bluntly, it doesn't.
-> Quality control - I've had more issues with the keyboard on my surface than I did from my mac. In fact, I never had an issue with it.

There are many good things about the Surface Book. Performance is excellent from it. But it's not the same premium experience you get from a MacBook.
nice opinion