Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sony indefinitely delays tomorrow's PS5 gameplay reveal

Thanks

Re: Sony indefinitely delays tomorrow's PS5 gameplay reveal

Quote Originally Posted by Spud1 View Post
    I don't get it. I know how this may make me appear, but I really don't get why a bunch of companies have suddenly delayed announcements etc because of this (horrible) situation in America.

Is what it is and I am not remotely interested in the PS5 announcements, I just find it a bit odd. Guess it feels very different if you are in the USA.
    It's not altruism. They just won't make as much money if no one is paying attention.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Syphadeus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifl View Post
    Sony should do what they do best:
    1. produce game consoles
    2. publish games
    3. lose our credit card information
    And they should shut up about politics and social justice.
    Ah yes, the “keep it simple and stick to what you’re good at” approach. Perhaps consider taking a leaf out of your own book since you aren’t a corporate advisor, nor does anyone least of all Sony give two craps about your advice.

So to recap, shut up and display a modicum of patience while awaiting your first world consumerist delicacies.
    I think it's called... "customer"? Not sure what is wrong with you though.

Thanks
    • Spud1's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus Master
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16GB GSkill Trident Z
      • Storage:
      • Lots.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RTX3090
      • PSU:
      • 750w
      • Case:
      • BeQuiet Dark Base Pro rev.2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus PG35VQ
      • Internet:
      • 910/100mb Fibre

Quote Originally Posted by Syphadeus View Post
    Situation in America? Feel differently if you’re in the USA? What about the situation or how you would feel if you were, I don’t know, black?

Your statement doesn’t make you seem like anything, it objectively demonstrates white privilege.
    There is no need for that -totally unfair to accuse me of that. My comments are nothing to do with the issue itself, but with why companies like Sony, Acti-blizz, universal etc etc etc have decided that they will just postpone all their launches/announcements as a result. It's totally meaningless really - doesn't raise any money for the cause, doesn't help the cause....its pure selfishness waiting until the news has calmed down so they can get their story out. They try and put this as showing solidarity etc, but its nothing of the sort - pure corporate greed.

Thanks

Just as the riots are not about George Floyd, this press release isn't either. It's about Sony wanting maximum exposure for their launch on mainstream media. As such it's as cynical as it is misplaced.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Telekloud View Post
    Wow, you're an embarrassment.
    No, they're absolutely bang on the money. Some of the takes on this thread are really rather appalling.

Delaying a tech announcement in order to show a jot of respect for the atrocities taking place at the moment is 'virtue signalling' nonsense? Ought to be ashamed of your over-entitled selves.
    Last edited by bitbucket; 03-06-2020 at 01:05 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bitbucket View Post
    No, they're absolutely bang on the money. Some of the takes on this thread are really rather appalling.

Delaying a tech announcement in order to show a jot of respect for the atrocities taking place at the moment is 'virtue signalling' nonsense? Ought to be ashamed of your over-entitled selves.
    Big companies are not trying to show respect with actions like this. It's a marketing move. Big companies care about money and nothing else. That's why they don't call out China. A country with a huge market and real racism problem.

I bet they even had another reason for delaying it.
    I'm just fed up with all the crap Sony has been doing recently.
    Maybe that's why I'm so annoyed by this.

Registered+
    Thanks

No, they're absolutely not bang on the money. What atrocities are taking place at the moment?

Thanks
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

Goodness grief,so Sony delayed some gameplay reveals on a device not available for months. Now we have people being outraged about Sony apparently being outraged??
    Last edited by CAT-THE-FIFTH; 03-06-2020 at 07:57 PM.

Thanks

No, they're absolutely not bang on the money. What atrocities are taking place at the moment?
    George Floyd being murdered for one. The "whataboutery" you apparently subscribe to is not remotely useful, what have other atrocities got to do with this? Absolutely nothing. Why would you expect Sony to pause announcements for atrocities in places like Myanmar? - somewhere it has absolutely no market and no voice. Sony is speaking out on issues where people will see and hear them - not on issues that will be ignored.

Oh, and to quote your previous posts... "you're an embarrassment" and so is your inability to make a coherent argument that does not include insults and is actually relevant to the issue at hand sans "whataboutery".

Thanks

What atrocities are taking place at the moment?
    And here lies the problem.

I won’t even spend my time replying to that one. Go and educate yourself, or at least turn on the news.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Luke7 View Post

George Floyd being murdered for one. The "whataboutery" you apparently subscribe to is not remotely useful, what have other atrocities got to do with this? Absolutely nothing. Why would you expect Sony to pause announcements for atrocities in places like Myanmar? - somewhere it has absolutely no market and no voice. Sony is speaking out on issues where people will see and hear them - not on issues that will be ignored.

Oh, and to quote your previous posts... "you're an embarrassment" and so is your inability to make a coherent argument that does not include insults and is actually relevant to the issue at hand sans "whataboutery".
    "what have other atrocities got to do with this? Absolutely nothing."

What an excellent point, I wonder then why I brought up atrocities. Oh wait, I didn't.
    You can work that out if you read my comment and get to the part where I ask "What atrocities are taking place at the moment?" to the person who brought up atrocities, and then you go to the part where I don't bring up atrocities. Should be quite clear.
    The no argumentery you subscribe to is not remotely useful. I made no comment even remotely related to "whataboutery". Sony delaying anything because of George Floyd is virute signalling, it's a good marketing strategy.

"Sony is speaking out on issues where people will see and hear them - not on issues that will be ignored."

They truly do deserve nothing but praise then, you've completely dismantled all claims that Sony are making an empty statement. That is of course all anyone said, and they were told to shut up.
    You clearly agree that it is a worthless statement, but you seem to have confused yourself.

If you are going to try and argue, you'll do better with an actual argument. You should try using more insults, I'd say give up on the arguing business.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information