Quote Originally Posted by Spudbynight View Post
Is it just 2 configurations? There seems to be a lot of backwards/forewards compatiblity between the current gen which has two models and the next gen. From what I can see as well, the current gen Xbox One X seems to have higher specs in some areas than the Xbox One Series S. Will developers be able to release a game that works on all 4 models?
My understanding is Microsoft where planning to let devs target all 4 models and would do so for a while (I seem to remember Microsoft planned to target all 4 for their own releases for a while). I guess its the advantage of using AMD APUs. You just tweak the resolution, textures etc to work with what you want. I suspect some will only work on the newer generation though. Microsoft's plan is now nothing to do with hardware. It's all about game pass. If they can get you playing on a old Xbox one they will - Its more subscriptions. Add in support for streaming games and bang you can game on anything and Microsoft still sell Game Pass. Its like everything these days - subscriptions are king.