Pat Gelsinger has lead an interesting career within Intel, starting at the bottom and working his way up to CTO. However, he still has ambitions.
Surprisingly, he would like to have a shot at the top job. "I am still a young guy, I am 44, what am I going to do? Retire? Intel is one of the few places where you can change the world. There are things we do here that truly change society and the industry. My job is to put our technology into every human on the planet, every walk of life, seven days a week, 24 hours a day. If you take that definition of the total available market, we are about five percent of the way there."

He continued: "Even though I have had a storybook career, I have a lot of career objectives that I haven't satisfied yet. I want a shot at running the company. We still can have a bigger impact in society and touching so much more of the entire fabric of the industry."
Have a read of the complete interview for more on Pat's aims, and also his throughts on 64-bit and the Cell processor.