Thread: Free Sony PSP shipping?

Thanks

Free Sony PSP shipping?

Following on from HEXUS.gaming's front page story about Sony taking PSP importers to court, Lik-Sang, the Hong Kong based online retailer has announced that until 31st August 2005, customers can qualify from free worldwide shipping when they buy a game at the same time as a handheld.

Check HEXUS.gaming for more info.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

TiG
    Walk a mile in other peoples shoes...
    Thanks
    I'm really looking seriously at buying a PSP, and every time i hear something like this and Sony suing is another nail in the coffin of me buying a PSP.

I swear we live in a world market economy, they should be allowed to sell who they want..

TiG
    -- Hexus Meets Rock! --

Thanks
    I don't know why they didn't just release it here at the same time.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Yohji
    I don't know why they didn't just release it here at the same time.
    There was no way that Sony could make enough for a world wide release. They had shortages on CPU's (yealds were not good) and not enough screens. This seems to have been sorted for the US release (new screens) but still decided to screw us over. Sony have done this with all their gaming hardware, in fact the original Playstation was even longer. Jap release 4th Dec 94 UK release 30th sept 95. Its one of the reasons that i bought an imported PSP and will probably get an imported PS3.

Thanks
    If you want a PSP and have the money theres no point waiting for the UK dates, i can see sonys point, as beanbandit says. But its not fair to try and deprive a whole nation of your product and then sue the people who import it. Welcome to world trade sony.

Thanks
    But there is an advantage for the patient in waiting for the PSP to be officially released over here and that's that many of the bugs in the early versions will have been ironed out, such as the dead pixel issue and the sticky button... also, the firmware may well ship with a functional internet browser so we won't all be having to hack Wipeout to be able to surf the net.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    But there is an advantage for the patient in waiting for the PSP to be officially released over here and that's that many of the bugs in the early versions will have been ironed out, such as the dead pixel issue and the sticky button... also, the firmware may well ship with a functional internet browser so we won't all be having to hack Wipeout to be able to surf the net.
    I see no advantage in waiting for the official release. We are getting the same version as the US, but region 2 umds, so no sticky button or dead pixel issues. Plus the internet browser will be available in the Ver 2.0 firmware due to be released in the next week or so.

Thanks
    • jimborae's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 9700K@4.7Ghz
      • Memory:
      • Team Group DDR-3000 32Gig
      • Storage:
      • 1x Samsung 870 Evo 500Gb SSD, 1 x WD Red 4TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT watercooled
      • PSU:
      • XFX 850W Black Edition
      • Case:
      • Phantek Enthoo Prime
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2 xDell 24"
      • Internet:
      • PlusNet 70Mb
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    Buttons will still stick & screens will still have the odd dead pixel or two if you're unlucky. As for firmware, version 2.0 is out on 27/07/05 so I'd imagine they will ship with a web browser, but that Wipeout hack browser is crap anyway. But all of us with imports can upgrade to Ver. 2.0 anyway. So apart from warranty issues I see no reason to wait either.

Thread Information