Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A bit of legwork for this one.

Thanks

Ga-965p-ds4

Yes its definetly the GA-965P-DS4 which features the Intel P965 and ICH8R chipsets along with HD audio and dual PCI-E X16 slots for graphics, although the second X16 slot is limited to X4 operation at this time (I think) And it features Gigabyte's new silent heat pipe system along with all capacitors being solid chemical based.

Thanks
    I wonder if anyone will be able to bi-furicate the PCIe on 965 to give us dual graphics, ATM is only going to be officially supported on 975x and NF5
    I wish Intel would make a 985x with about 40 lanes of PCIe, and SLI or Crossfire support, then there would be no need for anything else.

Thanks
    Well if my memory serves me correctly it would be the Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6 which has already been mentioned. A slight overkill on some areas of the motherboard, and of course Gigabyte's horrid choice of color schemes gives it away. Can we have something more difficult please?

Thanks
    So do I win anything for being the first to guess correctly since Im almost positive it is the GA-965P-DQ6 or just pride?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    It's a PC-Chips socket 7 ULI 66. Probably the rev1.1.

Thanks
    well, sites with the board listed have it at £180 or so , which is why i don't want to pay extra an extra $20 just for the caps. i so far, on a good 50 or so boards have had not a single, not one bios corrupt. dual bios is overkill and i can do without paying for, quad bios is just yet another cost that has no place on a motherboard. i've only ever had one epox board with leaking caps, i stopped using it and noticed after i stopped that a couple caps had leaked, still worked fine though but didn't fancy sticking it in my parents system and couldn't really sell it. all my other boards have lasted for a good few years.

fact is the basic nf2 board overclocked the same compared to the dual power version of the board for double the price. same with the other versions of the board. the asus amd sli board overclocked the same as other amd nvidia boards. i've yet to meet a board that add's to the spec amd/intel/ati/nvidia state that help system performance or overclocking at all, but all the extra stuff sure does add to profit margins.

the legacy free abit max boards are now so old, and such a good idea, and yet completely ignored by other manu's and abandoned by abit.

what i would kill for a cheap board with decent voltage options, 4 mem slots, NO PCI at all(think about 3-6 less pci slots, all the routing, all the space on the pcb), no extra weird msi connector for some random wifi/sound add on board i don't want. just a plain board, onboard HD sound, 4-8 sata 2 ports, 1 or 2 ide ports, 4 usb 2.0 ports, 2 firewire(i don't need them but stupid to not include them as every chipset supports it), mouse/keyboard ps/2. something with the latest fastest chipset but without the cost of designing a complex pcb with everything and a kitchen sink stuck onto it.

not saying higher spec boards aren't needed, but wheres the real budget boards, the real overclocking boards that don't need half the stuff they cram on and force you to pay for.

ps.... i might be drunk ¬_¬

EDIT:- start pushing out pci-e cards, nic, sound, tv capture cards, start phasing out pci off chipsets, get pci slots off boards, place more, or move existing pci-e 1x slots on the board. generally a 1x slot inbetween gfx slots that will invariably block gfx cooling if you could find a use for the slot, is useless.
    Last edited by drunkenmaster; 21-06-2006 at 12:37 AM.

awm
    Thanks
    Yes! I think you've got it, the one flaw is that few companies make pci-e cards which forces us to rely on PCI. I guess decent caps are a good idea, but not at huge expense. How about spending the extra 30 cents (totally made up #) to buy decent traditional caps so they are not complete garbage, but aren't made for 24/7 99.99% uptime servers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information