Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: D-Link Skype USB Phone Adapter DPH-50U - first in-depth review

Thanks
    Check out today's news story about the Philips combined DECT and Skype WiFi phone.

Thanks

DLINK Thumbs Down

1. I too was unable to get a ring tone out of the D-Link. It seems absurd to sell a product which is unable to fulfill it's basic purpose.

2. I was able to make outgoing calls with the Uniden handset attached to the D-Link, but only after a very confusing sequence of beeping tones. Sometimes I got out, other times not.

3. I was able to answer an incoming call since I knew it was ringing (even though silently). However, the moment I hung up, the D-Link software crashed under Windows XP.

In fact, throughout my testing, the D-Link software repeatedly crashed for no consistently obvious reason. I plan to return it to Radio Shack tomorrow and get my money back.

Thanks
    CT,

What I find rather shocking - and know that I have been in communication with D-Link on-and-off since publishing the review - is that the company has STILL not come up with anything approaching a fix.

Just check out its drivers page and you'll see that all that's offered for download is the original 1.0 software that came with the product!

On the plus side, this does, of course, make me feel a whole lot more comfortable with the fact that the review was so utterly damning of the product.

One thing to add - contrary to the comments made in this thread, I did have some real issues with USRobotics competitor product.

So, anyone reading and leaning towards the USRobotics Telephone Adapter ought to find out about those issues by reading the USRobotics' review thoroughly, and also checking out the related forum thread.

Thanks

Re: D-Link Skype USB Phone Adapter DPH-50U - first in-depth review

mm...interesting, record with IMCapture for Skype

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information