Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apple Mac Pro shows solution to Intel's memory-cooling problem

Thanks
    Bob thats a really odd reaction.

I've never been in either of the mac stores as they are miles away but my local mac store are always really happy to help out anyway they can.

Pictures would not be a problem as any buyer can take pictures of their machine, so thats really bizzare.

Mike Fishcake
    Bob - Justify it all you like, the way you've described your experience still doesn't sound like a fair way to do it. 'Droids' or not, they have to have a policy, and if they let you do it, they'd have to let everyone else do it as well.

How are they to know that you're someone that knows what he's doing? You could be anyone from anywhere just wanting to poke his fingers into a new piece of Apple equipment.

Whilst I agree with you that it would be nice if they did allow people a look inside the machine, we have to respect the fact that they don't do that. They are certainly not the only people to do it. Retailing in general has changed beyond recognition in the last 25 years, there are new rules and policies across the board - some make sense, some don't. However, like Gordy, I have experienced no issues when I've asked any questions in the Apple store (Apple'care' however is a totally different situation, but that's an entire topic on it's own) and the staff in the Apple stores I've spoken have always been knowledgeable, approachable, eager to help, and most importantly of all, actually interested in the products they're selling. You can't say that about the vast majority of electronics retailers.

The Apple store is a showroom for selling new products, not a workshop for dismantling new products.

I appreciate that you were interested in getting a decent story to post on here, but I feel that you didn't go the right way about it.

Thanks
    Mike,

I'm not justifying anything - I'm telling things as they were.

You're entitled to your opinion even though, as in this case, it's based on no evidence.

Oh, and for the record - and perhaps I should have said this in my last posting - I also WROTE about electrical retailing for 16 years after I worked in stores, so really, I do have quite a good understanding of the business of retailing.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Fishcake
    I don't know how you can expect anyone in any store selling anything ever to allow you to take photos, on a totally unannounced visit just because you threw a business card at them.
    He could be from the Soddingsbury Thursday Times, what does it matter where he's from? I don't see the problem in taking a picture of a released, "on-the-web" item; whether he be a customer or a journo does seem irrelevant. If I went into a shop to buy something, and wanted to take a picture home to show the missus for her consent, and I had to go the rigmarole that guy went through... they wouldn't be seeing much of my wallet anyway.
    Synergy6

Seething Cauldron of Hatred TheAnimus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Synergy6
    He could be from the Soddingsbury Thursday Times, what does it matter where he's from? I don't see the problem in taking a picture of a released, "on-the-web" item; whether he be a customer or a journo does seem irrelevant. If I went into a shop to buy something, and wanted to take a picture home to show the missus for her consent, and I had to go the rigmarole that guy went through... they wouldn't be seeing much of my wallet anyway.
    Synergy6
    Whilst i totally agree with bob on this, it is worth noting that in addhearing to some laws its advisable to notify companies that your filming on their site.
    throw new ArgumentException (String, String, Exception)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information