Thread: HEXUS.gaming :: Review : Xbox live vision camera - Xbox 360

Thanks

HEXUS.gaming :: Review : Xbox live vision camera - Xbox 360

The Xbox live vision camera was released last week with the basic package costing £29.99. We've been having a mess around with it to see whether it's worth the dosh.

Check out the Review for more info.

DR
    Thanks
    I think you are slightly wrong with the conclusion

The product is great - £30 is a good buy - less than a game and adds more features to a 360!

.... and a spare headset is always helpful

Thanks
    I think when I know exactly what games will use the technology then I'll be more excited. At the moment there doesn't seem to be many concrete public plans.

At the moment I've only heard word of a poker title that will map your face, and of course Rainbow 6 Vegas character creation which should be great. I know there are plenty of plans for the camera's use so it will be an excellent purchase.

But as it stands, it's main use at the moment is video chatting which I can do on my PC with more people and with those who don't have an Xbox 360.

Uno is boring after 5 minutes, but the camera does make it slightly more exciting, and I can't quite see the appeal with Totemball.

As the months progress I'm in no doubt that it will be worth it's value, but at the moment I personally don't think it is.

The headset is a good addition if you need one, but it's like being forced into buying one of those meal deals at the supermarket. I want a sandwich and a packet of crisps, but I don't need the coke as I already have a bottle in the car. Admittedly though, you are getting a good deal if you need a headset.

Thanks
    I do love a new gadget and I quite like the look of this one. Steven, did you get a chance to try playing music with full screen visualisations and the camera turned on? Apparantly you can mold the effects with your hands or something?

How about a HEXUS Gaming competition, a tournament game of Texas Hold 'em, the winner gets a Live Vision Camera & 12 Months Live subscription. Hint hint.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Parm View Post
    I do love a new gadget and I quite like the look of this one. Steven, did you get a chance to try playing music with full screen visualisations and the camera turned on? Apparantly you can mold the effects with your hands or something?

How about a HEXUS Gaming competition, a tournament game of Texas Hold 'em, the winner gets a Live Vision Camera & 12 Months Live subscription. Hint hint.
    I couldn't seem to get it to work with Texas Hold-em, is it supposed to be compatible?

Visualisations! *see you in 10*

Thanks
    It doesn't work with Texas Hold 'em yet, but I read that an update is scheduled within 2 weeks to add support for the Live Vision Camera. Can't quite remember my source now but I believe it was Major Nelson.

Thanks
    I can't seem to do anything with the visuals when playing music. Perhaps that part isn't ready yet.

Thread Information