• Corsair Graphite 780T (White)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity @ 78Mbps

Re: Reviews - Modern Warfare 2 -PC, Xbox 360, PS3

Thanks for the response Steven and also for taking my comments in the manner in which they were meant. I hadn't realised time was short and that would explain the review's depth.

With regards to pricing, those offers were limited to the initial batch of purchasers; first come, first serve. By the time this article went up, many retailers put the price back up; Play.com for instance now has it listed for £44.99. A limited offer shouldn't really be applied to a review in my opinion.
    My only concern is should I hide my true identity? A costume maybe?

0iD: Plus weeing in it every now & again does it good
    scaryjim: 10" is just a little large to hold comfortably in one hand, which makes it a lot harder to tap, swipe and generally interact with.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pauldarkside View Post
    Thanks for the response Steven and also for taking my comments in the manner in which they were meant. I hadn't realised time was short and that would explain the review's depth.

With regards to pricing, those offers were limited to the initial batch of purchasers; first come, first serve. By the time this article went up, many retailers put the price back up; Play.com for instance now has it listed for £44.99. A limited offer shouldn't really be applied to a review in my opinion.
    Fair enough Paul, I know you've been a reader and gamer for a long time so respect your views and opinions. I wasn't aware that was a limited offer. A few places that I've seen it have had it at a maximum of £39.99, but then I haven't been everywhere. I think it's still decent value for money, even at £44.99 considering the multiplayer - well for the Xbox 360 version anyway. It would have been nice if the campaign was longer. I think if you haven't got online connectively it would be a lot of money to pay.

a scumbag, arghhhh
    Thanks

Why the hell is hexus even reviewing the xbox version, it's not like there is a shortage of fawning 360 reviews all over the internet. As a technology news website surely you must have known the big issue was with the PC version, not only for it's impact on MW2 itself but for the implications it would have for online gaming in general.

If I wanted some IGN like fawnathon over an arcade shooter I'd have went to IGN, with Hexus I expect something with a bit more depth and certainly more willing to address technical issues like matchmaking versus dedicated servers, y'know issues relevant to PC gamers who I always thought this site was more aimed at.
    "The less you eat, drink and buy books; the less you go to the theatre, the dance hall, the public house; the less you think, love, theorise, sing, paint, fence, etc., the more you save – the greater becomes your treasure which neither moths nor rust will devour – your capital. The less you are, the less you express your own life, the more you have, the greater is your alienated life, the greater is the store of your estranged being." Karl Marx

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by revol68 View Post
    Why the hell is hexus even reviewing the xbox version, it's not like there is a shortage of fawning 360 reviews all over the internet. As a technology news website surely you must have known the big issue was with the PC version, not only for it's impact on MW2 itself but for the implications it would have for online gaming in general.

If I wanted some IGN like fawnathon over an arcade shooter I'd have went to IGN, with Hexus I expect something with a bit more depth and certainly more willing to address technical issues like matchmaking versus dedicated servers, y'know issues relevant to PC gamers who I always thought this site was more aimed at.
    Good question and very fair comment. Review code is secured way in advance of the game hitting the stores and each site gets put on a list. We didn't know anything about the PC issues until after it had arrived in the public domain, by this point we were enjoying and having no issues with the Xbox 360 version. The fact is that we were down on the list for only 1 copy of the game and that happened to be the Xbox 360 version, which was beyond our control. Ideally, we would have liked copies of all versions, but when there are so many sites after review code it becomes an impossibility and we guess the publisher shares the load out as fairly as they can. On this particular occasion and considering the demand for the game to review, we had to rely solely on what we were given, which happened to be the Xbox 360 version.

I'd buy the PC version with my own money to review it, but I hear it's rubbish. There's plenty of reviews out there on all individual versions, so the information is still there, just not on HEXUS on this particular occasion.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GheeTsar View Post
    Nice! I will get that up asap and let you know when it's been done. Cheers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information