Thread: Reviews - Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Reviews - Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

A lot of my community play this game, heard its pretty good

Registered+
    Thanks

suppose to be awesum, anyone know if its better on the pc or ps3? or does it depend on whats in your pc. heard there were problems on the PS3 version, because the save games were taking sooo long in the latter stages of the game

Thanks
    • Ferral's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Z97-P
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 4790K Haswell
      • Memory:
      • 12Gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 120Gb Kingston SSD & 2 Tb Toshiba
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Radeon R9 380 Nitro 4Gb
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750 Watt Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Focus G Mid Tower
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 28" iiyama Prolite 4K
      • Internet:
      • 80Mb BT Fiber

PS3 version still has the save file issue, same as the Fallout games. Bigger the save file gets you end up suffering from what is being known as Rimlag, game gets REALLY stuttery longer you play it. There are posts all over the net about the issue. Bethesda do appear to actually be making a conscious effort and have been getting as much info as possible from their community, they have managed to make a slight fix but still needs a lot of work, apparently there will be a patch at the end of January that is finally going to fix the issue.

Personally I would go with the PC version, mod support etc makes it worthwhile. Bugs arnt as bad and patches get applied automatically through Steam with it being Steamworks. Visually the game looks nicer also if you can run it in Ultra graphics, 1920x1080 (1080p) and FXAA.

So far I have played it for nearly 40 hours, currently have about 40 quests in my tracker and barely touched the main quest. Completed Companions, Thieves Guild except for the restoration quest (5 missions completed in each city so takes a little time) and nearly finished Dark Brotherhood now. So much to see and do, see something while heading to or from an objective and literally I head off to get it added to the map to investigate at a later date.

Only minor gripe I have with the game is the inventory interface is a bit clunky on PC, I need to get the mod that gives item stats and lists them in a similar way to Oblivion. I also find pathfinding can get a little tedious at times with only 1 way up into certain mountain peaks and usually you have to work your way round the base to find the right way up, most annoying bit is you may get a slightly steep run that looks scaleable but it isnt but the actual path you need to find is the same steepness as what you tried previously.

4. Received thanks from:

Chiefton (15-01-2012)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information