Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reviews - Samsung SSD 840 EVO (120GB)

Thanks

Re: Reviews - Samsung SSD 840 EVO (120GB)

Intel's Smart Response Tech & Rapid Response Tech (they work TOGETHER) will work with only Win 7 or 8 and ANY SSD and only takes 64GB for the SSD, as thats its limit AS ALL the cache it will take & that it supports, so buying anything larger than that (SSD WISE), you can just use as storage for games & programs you will use on a REGULAR basis. The Sata HHD Is recomended to be large like at least 1TB, but when you get to over 2TB, then you run into issues of support, at least you do on a Gigabyte Z68 M/Board like I have. Gigabyte includes a XHD DRIVER For any HHD LARGER THAN 2.2TB-3TB YOU MUST ALSO USE RAID, either 0 or 1. 0 being the easiest as Win 7 (64bit I know For sure) already has the proper Raid Driver, I'm not sure on the 32bit version. It is Right there on Intel's website, to download IRRT & ISRT. They also have the Tech specs and sheets will work on 2nd Gen Core Proc. i5-i7. I Have the i5-2500K (Unlocked version). But at anyrate, Intel Website has ALL the needed requirements & what will & wont work. I have a Patriot memory PYRO 120GBSSD & The Intel TOOL BOX EVEN Works for my Pyro SSD (Not everything, but the most parts anyway) YOU HAVE TO HAAVE IT IN AHI MODE & NOT IDE OR IT WILL NOT WORK, NO MATTER WHAT YOU TRY TO DO!!!

Thanks

Lightbulb Re: Reviews - Samsung SSD 840 EVO (120GB)

You can find most of what you need at: support.intel.com Just look up Intel Rapid Response Technology AND Intel Smart Response Technology BOTH documentaion & requirements on each, when you get to the download page YOU MUST USE 10.5 VERSION OR HIGHER!! There are ALSO NOTES NEAR THE BOTTOM BEFORE YOU PICK WHICH ONE TO DOWNLOAD, GOOD READING MATERIAL RIGHT THERE!! I Hope this helps anyone who needs it, like I did!!

Registered+
    Thanks

Definitely going to invest in one of these.

Registered+
    Somewhere over the Forth Bridge... Weigh A Pie...
    Thanks
    • EggenMcBerg's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-V LX2
      • CPU:
      • i5-3570K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Mushkin DDR3 1333MHz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 840 EVO 120GB + 4 1TB WD Greens
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus GTX 760 DirectCU II
      • PSU:
      • Corsair CX750M Hybrid Modular
      • Case:
      • Corsair Graphite 600T
      • Operating System:
      • W8.1 64bit pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Eizo Foris FG2421
      • Internet:
      • Plusnet FO

Stuck a 120GB version in my new build - blistering speeds with all the Samsung Wizard gubbins enabled. Cannot fault this SSD and currently £52.79 from Scan, a must-have.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information